• Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
Re: Roku
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
EEEEKS!
Premedia Supervisor / Systems Manager
Mac -  OS X10.8.5   3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon • PC - Windows 7
Esko-Artworks Suite 7 R6 • Prinergy V5.3.01 with Preps 6
HP 5000 • Epson 9900 • Epson 7900 • Kodak Approval XP • Lotem 800 Platesetters • Kodak FlexCel • Xerox 700

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »
the rf remote on my original is probably the best rf remote I've ever owned, as far as range and not caring what direction it is pointed.

EDIT:  IR REMOTE doh all these damn acronyms  :old:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:18:51 PM by t-pat »
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »
The Roku ships, batteries included. Mine must be dead already, because it doesn't act like a UHF/RF remote - it acts like an IR. I swear I read that you could upgrade to the RF remote.

BTW, here's a page from the manual. RTFM yourself  :lmao:

That's for the wireless network signal. Not the remote.
Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks | Prinergy 6.0.4 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

“Simply put it is possible to have convenience if you want to tolerate insecurity, but if you want security, you must be prepared for inconvenience.” ~ General Benjamin W. Chidlaw December 12, 1954

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »
shhhh! I got 'im on the ropes.
Canon ImagePress C6000VP • Canon ImageRunner 110 • Epson Stylus Pro 7880 • Komori Lithrone 26 6-color • Screen PlateRite 4100 • Xerox 4110

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” -Humphrey Bogart

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks | Prinergy 6.0.4 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

“Simply put it is possible to have convenience if you want to tolerate insecurity, but if you want security, you must be prepared for inconvenience.” ~ General Benjamin W. Chidlaw December 12, 1954

Offline Farabomb

• When did I become a
  • Ninja Master
  • Remember your towel
    • My other job
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »
That AV rack sounds like an enclosure to me.  :tongue:

Fbomb, Just another uncool B4 member. One of the Glorious Assholes of prepress.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

what's a bonus?

Most places it is pronounced "bone-us".

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 09:05:37 AM »
It's a rack. It's a glass shelf above a wooden shelf. Open air all around.

In other news, set up PlayOn last night. Found out two things:

PlayOn does not "play on" on any Roku 2 device. BUT if you buy a lifetime premium license ($79.95) you get a free Roku LT box that WILL play PlayOn. So I went ahead and bought it, since I anticipate using it a lot. Reading the forums, ESPN3 streams great to the LT, and for college football alone, it's totally worth it (I spent more than that last year on tickets and online subscriptions to follow/stream my team). There's also a Fox soccer channel that I know my in-laws will watch when they come over. Plus, I will now have Roku in the bedroom and living room with this deal.

Going to set up Plex tonight as a backup, and then it's on to installing Navi-X.
Canon ImagePress C6000VP • Canon ImageRunner 110 • Epson Stylus Pro 7880 • Komori Lithrone 26 6-color • Screen PlateRite 4100 • Xerox 4110

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” -Humphrey Bogart

Offline Farabomb

• When did I become a
  • Ninja Master
  • Remember your towel
    • My other job
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
There are remote apps for the Roku available but the phone might have to be rooted. I found 2 for my phone but there were none for my GF's pone.  :huh:
Fbomb, Just another uncool B4 member. One of the Glorious Assholes of prepress.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

what's a bonus?

Most places it is pronounced "bone-us".

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
I have the android Roku remote. Used it last night. It's a bit sensitive, but works great. I also set up PlayOn for the android.

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »

PlayOn does not "play on" on any Roku 2 device. BUT if you buy a lifetime premium license ($79.95) you get a free Roku LT box that WILL play PlayOn. So I went ahead and bought it, since I anticipate using it a lot. Reading the forums, ESPN3 streams great to the LT, and for college football alone, it's totally worth it (I spent more than that last year on tickets and online subscriptions to follow/stream my team). There's also a Fox soccer channel that I know my in-laws will watch when they come over. Plus, I will now have Roku in the bedroom and living room with this deal.

Going to set up Plex tonight as a backup, and then it's on to installing Navi-X.

stop giving me more options, I can't decide how to set stuff up already
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:17 PM »

Navi-X on Plex? Don't think it is available for Plex.

So it will play only on the Roku LT but not any Roku2? Why is that?

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »

Navi-X on Plex? Don't think it is available for Plex.

So it will play only on the Roku LT but not any Roku2? Why is that?
According to PlayOn's website, there is a line in the Roku 2's firmware that prevents PlayOn from streaming properly. The folks at Roku HATE the folks at PlayOn and won't do anything to help them or cooperate in the development of their private channel, so for now it only works on lower Roku models.

Had trouble figuring out Navi-X for PlayOn and couldn't find any concrete help on the internet.

As for Navi-X on Plex, I thought I saw it was available, but on further reading, development stalled.

I can always run Navi-X off my computer, but as for Roku I might be SOL.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »
Navi-X works well on XBMC but you can't use XBMC on the Roku like you can Plex. I read the same thing where the development of Navi-X for Plex is pretty much dead.

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »
I just wrote one of the Navi-X guys to see what's up with PlayOn and Navi-X

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »

anything