News:

Main Menu

XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on June 18, 2014, 04:20:12 PMI already figured out how to set it as default :wink:

Now you can tell me.   :laugh:   Ours was 'pre-set'. 
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

You have to go to the templates and do it for each press, Select the press and at the bottom select edit
I haven't done it yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it the default

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

I'm new to "Replenisher"
I just cleaned the processor last week.

The conductivity of the Developer is suppose to be 43 + or - 2
I have been having to manually add replenisher to get that number up
this morning it was at 37 got it up to 43 ran 4 40" plates went down to 42
4 more 40's went down to 41

Farabomb

You should have 3 tanks on the side. One distilled water, one DT2-R and one FN-6. The processor should be handling the replenishment from these tanks.

That's if you're running the LH-PJ plates. 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

yes, LHPJ
what is the conductivity level on your processor running?
Possibly worrying too much on the levels?
did you read my post about the levels?

Farabomb

There is another post besides the one above mine?

I'm running the PJ here. Conductivity is the same, 43 +/- 2 keeps the green light on. On the side opposite of the panel is 3 5gal jugs. First is distilled water, second is DT2-R and the third is FN-6 gum in a 2:1 ratio. Keep the water and DT-2R filled and you shouldn't have issues for 60 days. If the conductivity is bouncing around they may have to adjust your replenishment rate.

What I've learned in my years of use. Scrub roller in the Dev section doesn't have to be replaced at the recommended interval. If you want to be safe, every other wash. I go a lot longer than that.

The scrub roller you can see will get funk on it depending on the tap water. You can use a power washer to get it off but every friggin time I do it I end up bleeding and there is funk back on it within 2 weeks.

Watch the drive chains. If it starts making really funky noises when the rollers are turning check the setscrews on the drive motor. They have been known to back off. Just take the plastic cover off on the side with the panel and you'll see it. Align the sprocket to the other sprocket and tighten and that should work.

If you manage to run either the distilled water or the DT-2R out (no low level alarms) and the conductivity goes out of spec you can spike the dev tank with the opposite of what you ran out of. If you ran the water dry, spike it with some DT-2W. Get close and it should sort itself out.

Keep extra Dev filters handy. They are the 12" ones so you can't steal them from your water filtration system.

I have a extra hose that goes to the drain so when cleaning I just put it on the petcock of the tank I'm draining when cleaning and it goes down the drain instead of a bucket that can overflow. I also keep the second dev tank (overflow really) always open and hooked to the drainline. Don't have to worry about the daily drain they recommend.

As far as the conductivity, I know shops that run the chemistry 2x longer than the recommended. I don't just because I don't want the worry but you can go a little longer if needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am not a Fuji Tech so YMMV but it's worked for me.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Hey thanks F-Bomb!
The problem worked itself out this morning
I manually added about 12-16oz of replenisher yesterday
so I may have something going on tho.

I have been wondering why they didn't set that 1st wash to the
drain, I'm draining that everyday.

I'm starting to get to know the processor, it is really different, Thanks!

Ear

Dang that sounds like a high maintenance processor. Glad I don't have to deal with that.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

It actually isn't. Cleaning is a breeze. Just keep the tanks topped up and it just works. 

Much better than the Kodak POS we had before and worlds better than the AGFA LAP-V evilness I used to clean. Rollers on that fucker were about 60".

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Good, I was surprised, thinking a Fuji processor was a PITA. I used a Fuji plate processor years ago, when we still burned film to plate and I loved it. Very simple design, especially when compared to all the G&J monstrosities. I currently run a G&J but the Anocoil N chemistry is soooper low maint. Keep 'em topped and you have a huge develop window.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Our Agfa C95 is the easiest processor every to clean. The worst was the Agfa LP85. Damn that purple crap, the neutralizer and backflushing. Never again!

[edit] actually, I think they're all rebadged G&Js
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Yep, pretty sure if it's not Fuji, it's probably a re-badged G&J.

Same with platesetters. I have a Fuji Javelin which is actually a Screen PT-R8600.

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear