Replace P7000 with P6000

Started by Slappy, June 13, 2022, 01:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Looks like a printhead in our P7000 has gone up, so they're talking about just replacing it with a P6000 model. Any real differences?

The other one's at least 6 years old, I suppose it's time to let her go & I've heard a single printhead can be $2000+ anyway.

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

scottrsimons

Not sure about the diffs between models. But printheads are about that much usually. So unless you have a warranty, it really makes it time to buy a new one, unless you have a bunch of stock up of supplies for the old one. Might make sense to replace the head once, and then start to keep a smaller stock so the next time it happens, it will make the decision easier.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Slappy

I think it's basically the same, a few fewer ink carts actually. (I never used some of the "extras" in the P7000 anyway)
I don't keep much on-hand supplies either so I think it's a no-brainer! I might even be able to assign the same IP & get XMF to recognize it without having to involve Support. That'd be a win.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

scottrsimons

Quote from: Slappy on June 14, 2022, 08:17:19 AMI might even be able to assign the same IP & get XMF to recognize it without having to involve Support. That'd be a win.
Changing the IP on them is pretty straight forward and easy to do.

Two ways to do it.
1 - Right from the display on the printer. Takes a bit longer, but still not too bad.
2 - Get EpsonNet Config, and it will find the printer and take you to the webpage for the printer to make the changes.

But first, print out a config sheet of the old printer.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

DCurry

The IP trick should work - we just replaced our P8000 with another P8000 and making the IP the same made it seamless.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!