'Fake' an equivalent to Color Bridge Uncoated 2147

Started by frailer, July 08, 2013, 07:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Could do 'net research but have plate output failures happening too regularly, and am solo mio, so basically walking around with a broom up my arse. Got a job t be printed outside, but CSR needs a 'proof'. (Really a Black Magic of what they gave him, without anything being done to it... :punchy: )
Can someone give me a Pantone Solid Coated 'close-to' number. It only has to be close, as I'll put the rider 'simulation only' on it.
I gather Color Bridge is a new-fangled Library. Don't have time to research until later...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

None of us do, it is a constant struggle.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Well I mean I think I know what he is asking it is just I've never heard of a color library called "Color Bridge Uncoated 2147 ".

Adobe Bridge is organizational software application used to link the parts of the Creative Suite together. As far as I know there isn't any color libraries named after it.

frailer

OK, I thought they've maybe just named it as a custom Spot. In the mayhem this morning that option didn't occur to me. But am still in 'research mode' after plate output failures and catching up on backlog here. See attached shot. Got a feeling pesky 3rd party dezinger has got 'emselves a nice shiny new Pantone Toy.
Mi compadra not in today.   :sad:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Hey Diddler, Were you using Black Magic back on the Costa Brava? If so, what Pantone Libraries did you have on board?

Joe

Hmmm...it seems there is a coated and uncoated Pantone+ Color Bridge library in CS6 but there is no 2147. There is a 214 that is C=2% M=94% Y=11% K=3%.

frailer

Thanks. TBH, I don't think I'll have to do anything on it from here. We can't provide a press proof for any Spots, only Black Magic close simulations in Virtual Press. AFAIK, we only have the Solid Coated Library to do that anyway. It'll be up to the press guys to do the mix'n'match.
I'll just lock the door when they're running it, and refuse to take questions.   :peep:

Joe

frailer

Hmmm. I don't trust that plan now. Got a feeling they'll bust in the door and ask if I can help with ink mix numbers. All with kangaroo-in-headlights faces, of course.
XMF just swallows it, and shows a colour, in this case a 'reflexy' blue, and puts the name on the plate. But no help beyond that.
If anyone knows a dezinger who may have the goods, and think they can get info on a mix for Pantone Color Bridge© 2147 Uncoated, I'd be obliged...   :cheesy:
Scant info on Mr. Brin's engine.

Joe

Like I mentioned previously...there is no Pantone Color Bridge© 2147 Uncoated.

At least not in my Pantone Color Bridge Uncoated Library.

frailer

Yep. Am mystified; yep, you did already flag that, but doing an ostrich on it.    :laugh:
Gonna have to track this to the source, if it comes to it. In prepress, you're 'sposed to have all the latest, as well as have gained a credit in Advanced Mind Reading. Or done that Rosicrucian's course.  :shrug:
But there must be 'representative' colour info in the PDF for XMF to show a dark blue.    :huh:

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on July 08, 2013, 10:26:39 PMHey Diddler, Were you using Black Magic back on the Costa Brava? If so, what Pantone Libraries did you have on board?

Sorry mate for the late reply, Busier than a bricklayer in Beirut this week. I can't recall from my poor memory all the Black Magic PMS Libraries we had, there were a fair few, but I do know that Colour Bridge was not one of them. Can you create your own customer colour in BM to represent the colour your after?. I've searched I high and low for a conversion and can'f find one. (probably cause it doesn't exist).
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on July 11, 2013, 07:28:17 PM
Quote from: frailer on July 08, 2013, 10:26:39 PMHey Diddler, Were you using Black Magic back on the Costa Brava? If so, what Pantone Libraries did you have on board?

Sorry mate for the late reply, Busier than a bricklayer in Beirut this week. I can't recall from my poor memory all the Black Magic PMS Libraries we had, there were a fair few, but I do know that Colour Bridge was not one of them. Can you create your own customer colour in BM to represent the colour your after?. I've searched I high and low for a conversion and can'f find one. (probably cause it doesn't exist).

yeah, Joe's flagged that certainty a couple of times already.   :laugh:  Still looking into it, but not yet a problem. The chances of them not asking me are slim, though. 
May email Wayne-baby. I don't pester him enough, of late.   :evil:

.... just emailed him. Covered under the AML, I reckon.    :cheesy:

Joe

Can you select the spot in Pitstop and look at the CMYK values?