News:

Main Menu

Switch Update Woes

Started by Slappy, August 07, 2023, 12:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Not really a cry for help but this is amusing.

We're finally updating our Switch Server to the latest release, with the help of a consulting company & also rebuilding the Flows to generally make it useful if all goes well. So we backed up everything & did the updates on Thursday. Friday I come in to a warning from the Outlook Admin:

"User SWITCH_NOTIFICATIONS@YOURSITE.COM has sent messages to 10000 recipients in the last 24 hours"

:o

Note sure what it did, I assume maybe some logfiles that should've been getting cleared, weren't, and after the update it grabbed ALL of those old jobs & tried to re-process them. At least that email only goes out to me, and I don't believe it blacklisted the rest of our email service like would have happened if it was sending them to external email recipients. Good times.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

You have a Nintendo Switch at work? Cool!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

That's what I was wondering when I started reading that. :lmao:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.