Preps 5 Error: Could not find a particular network file share.[1007004]

Started by Mr.Nick, March 21, 2014, 08:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Nick

We are running Prinergy Workflow 4.0.2.4.8, Preps 5.3 on OS 10.4.7 and Preps won't Print any impositions.

I receive the following error code:

Could not find a particular network file share.[1007004]

If Workshop is running on a Macintosh, there may be an AppleTalk configuration problem on the server to which you are trying to connect. On an NT server, use regedit.exe to check that the AppleTalk zone is properly set. (Check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/AppleTalk/Parameters/DesiredZone.)

I have gone into our Windows Server 2003 and have located the string above all the way to "Apple Talk/Parameters," but cannot locate the "DesiredZone" folder.

I just started working here about a month ago, and it seems that the system is held together by duct tape, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with. Any assistance would be appreciated, it sucks going bak to manually imposing every job.

mwc

Is this a prinergy response/error? (assuming so, and I don't have any knowledge of that system)

So I'd give my generic IT 101 response,
"Have you rebooted the server, then the workstation?"

Mr.Nick

Yep, it's been rebooted many a time. This problem has been going on for a couple of days.

I know this has nothing to do with it, but someone tried to open a 3" floppy from the A drive of the Server the same day it stopped working.

mwc

At least you found someone to blame...(did they also go to lunch and listen to the 8-track player in their AMC Pacer?)

Hopefully someone with Prinergy Server experience will help you out....

Joe

So the network share is an AFP share? How is it being mounted? With afp://IPaddress or afp://ServerShareName? Whichever is being used, try the other one and see if it makes a difference. Also what is this server share being used for? Is that the Prinergy Jobs share? The Araxi Preps share? Or what? Also add that server into your Hosts file on the Mac. And Update the Mac to the latest 10.4.11 I think it is. Or 10.5.8 if possible.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

You may try this:

Finder/Go/Go to folder (cmnd-shift-G)
/Volumes (delete them all)
Unmount all shares and quit Preps and Workshop
DO NOT MOUNT ANY SHARES MANUALLY, launch workshop and Preps and let them mount the shares as you begin your tasks.

HTH
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said