Looking for advice...

Started by motormount, September 19, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Everyone here is, if they keep doing this day after day by choice.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on September 25, 2013, 10:59:40 AM
Quote from: Joe on September 25, 2013, 10:56:42 AMSo you have prepress related hobbies? Spending the weekend watching files rip?

Sometimes I like to spend a Saturday afternoon designing a brochure in Publisher, just for fun.

You thicko!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I also like designing web pages straight out of quark. Helps keep me current with industry technologies and broadens my skill set.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Well yes, why would anyone use anything other than Quark for web design? :ohno:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Possum

Quote from: Joe on September 25, 2013, 10:56:42 AM
Quote from: gnubler on September 25, 2013, 10:36:37 AMStill updating my resume...

In looking online on what not to include in a resume I saw these items listed:
Unrelated Hobbies
Salary History

I typically include both of those. I don't see a problem listing my salaries for each job because I think it's a good indicator of one's skill level and can help a potential employer determine if I'm what they're looking for. Am I wrong? I also include unrelated hobbies, with a touch of humor thrown in. Every interview I go to, it's noticed and mentioned, and usually helps to break the ice and start a conversation.

I don't like listing salary history and don't unless they push it and if they push it I at least think they are serious about hiring me.

And unrelated hobbies? :wtf: So you have prepress related hobbies? Spending the weekend watching files rip?

I don't like listing salary history on a resume either. I'd like to leave that open for discussion during an interview. If they think you're too expensive at first glance, you won't even get an interview. If you were gypped at previous jobs (like that never happens), they may think (know) you work cheap and offer you less than they would have just seeing your qualifications.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

gnubler

Good points, and I had already taken them off my resume before Possum posted that.

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

David

hobbies: drinking margaritas

I'll do it for 1 dollar an hour...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I did include beer in my list of hobbies, listed as "sampling craft homebrews" or something like that.  :laugh: