Free Old Screen Camera

Started by Dawn, January 03, 2008, 11:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn

Free Old school Screen camera if you can come and  rip it apart. If no replys in a week it will go to that big junk yard in the sky!
If assholes could fly this place would be an airport!

Joe

That's where two of ours went. ;D Not much of a market for them anymore.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

I've kept the lovely Hexanon lens set; dunno why, just couldn't bring myself to send beautiful glass like that to the tip...well, not yet, anyway.   :(
Considered ebay, but who'd want 'em?  ::)
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

hotmetal

Quote from: frailer on January 03, 2008, 05:17:25 PMI've kept the lovely Hexanon lens set; dunno why, just couldn't bring myself to send beautiful glass like that to the tip...well, not yet, anyway.   :(
Considered ebay, but who'd want 'em?  ::)

Large format photographers, that's who. These lenses can have proper shutters mounted to them and be used in large view cameras. You know, those big wooden things on giant tripods like Mathiew Brady used back in the Civil War? Despite the digital revolution, there are more and more photographers getting into 8x10 and 11x17 view cameras. There was a glut of process camera lenses on ebay a couple years ago that drove the price down. If it's money you want, wait a while. These are worth quite a bit to the right photographer.

You could also build yourself a nice telescope with a couple of these babies...
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

frailer

Good tip, hotmetal. Was thinking along the lines of performance display art...stuff projected on walls 'n stuff. Shall sit on them. I just remember being impressed when I got taught to shoot linework and halftones, just how they could shoot a four-up oversized A4, and produce a perfect, supersharp/straight neg; corner to corner. I'd always been a fan of Hexanons from my photography hobby, so not so surprised, I guess.
I picked up one of the fast Hexanon 85mm portrait lenses last year. It's way up there with the best...but film photography is on negative exponential decline... :( :(
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

...oh yeah, Dawn, so pull that lens board out first, and keep it somewhere safe.   ;)

Dawn

Thanks Guys I'll keep that in mind!!
If assholes could fly this place would be an airport!

J. Miller Adam

Hello Folks,

I am one of those Large Format photography people, and I'm scrounging around for good LONG focal length process lenses. I've already got several nice Nikkor 210mm and 610mm (24") lenses and am searching for the 30", 36" 48" beasties that I hear are "out there" somewhere.

I'm using an old 16x20 Rochester camera, so a 600mm/24" is the "normal" focal length for that format.

Are you interested in selling any of your Hexanons? If so, what size are they?

Many thanks,

Miller

gnubler

Don't junk it! See if there's a Freecycle in your area or put it on craigslist for free. Someone could surely use it, even just for scrap.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david