Colorizing skin tones

Started by delooch, February 01, 2010, 12:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

need some advice colorizing skin tones..

i have an image of 4 sets of arms and hands raised in the air, but they are all white folk, and i need to inject some multi-culturalism into it.

i tried just a cover overlay on a selection with different burn/multiply values but it doesnt look quite right on paper.

any suggestions??

born2print

I think you're on the right track, pretty difficult task to get to look natural. I might start with looking at a few other images with desirable color values as targets.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

LoganBlade

ok RGB picture.
Go to green channel
select all
Copy
Paste on layer over image
set to multiply
add new layer fill in with Browns - Reds- Yellows - or what ever tint of a person you want to make and set that layer to screen

Fine tune as needed. The scrren of the green channel hgives you multiply some shadow needed to make it look alive vs the flat i think you are getting.

"dyslexics have more fnu"

delooch

thanks, ill give this a try.. the color tones are close, but the method im using seems to be loosing contrast in the highlights..

G_Town

Or convert it to Lab and make curve adjustments to a or b without loosing contrast.

Ear

You can make a history snapshot then go adjust the crap out of the photo until the skin tones are where you want them (everything else will look horrible). At this point, take another history snapshot. Then, go back in history to the original picture, unadjusted. Select the history brush and click the brush icon next to the adjusted history snapshot and you can paint from the adjusted history state on to the normal one. You can adjust pressure and opacity of the brush too. It's a really quick, easy way to do this kind of thing.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

G_Town

Quote from: Earendil on February 01, 2010, 01:48:34 PMYou can make a history snapshot then go adjust the crap out of the photo until the skin tones are where you want them (everything else will look horrible). At this point, take another history snapshot. Then, go back in history to the original picture, unadjusted. Select the history brush and click the brush icon next to the adjusted history snapshot and you can paint from the adjusted history state on to the normal one. You can adjust pressure and opacity of the brush too. It's a really quick, easy way to do this kind of thing.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, oh wait NVM :embarrassed: :kiss:

Ear

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mornin' G.  :cool:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

ratintrap

Quote from: LoganBlade on February 01, 2010, 01:27:17 PMok RGB picture.
Go to green channel
select all
Copy
Paste on layer over image
set to multiply
add new layer fill in with Browns - Reds- Yellows - or what ever tint of a person you want to make and set that layer to screen

Fine tune as needed. The scrren of the green channel hgives you multiply some shadow needed to make it look alive vs the flat i think you are getting.

Nice tip. :afro: