Anybody willing to share a high-res photo of two rings??

Started by Fontaholic, October 15, 2013, 02:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hey everyone,

Hate to sound like a beggar here, but...  :embarrassed:

I'm wondering if any of you have any high-res photo images of two rings (preferably on some kind of silky/satiny fabric background) that you'd be willing to share with me?

It would be used as the background for some business cards for a new jeweler customer who wants their four-color business cards re-created, but they don't have the artwork, just the sample business cards.

Resetting the type is no problem for me, but I haven't had any luck finding suitable background images on the "free" web sites out there.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.   :grin:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Farabomb

Here's 2 rings but I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on October 15, 2013, 02:08:31 PMHere's 2 rings but I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for.

:lmao:

Ahhhh, no!

Nearest store with THAT kind of merchandise to here is Providence.

Or so I'm led to believe...  :angel:

Mikie

If you find something on shutterstock.com let me know and I can get it for you. We have 25 downloads a day with the account we have with them and I would be glad to give you one of them.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Mikie on October 15, 2013, 02:15:45 PMIf you find something on shutterstock.com let me know and I can get it for you. We have 25 downloads a day with the account we have with them and I would be glad to give you one of them.

:banana:

*dashes off to site*

I'll let ya know!

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Fontaholic

Quote from: Mikie on October 15, 2013, 02:15:45 PMIf you find something on shutterstock.com let me know and I can get it for you. We have 25 downloads a day with the account we have with them and I would be glad to give you one of them.

I think this one will do nicely:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-69036169/stock-photo-wedding-rings-on-white-background.html?src=PfR-elRWOdOAXmTzKR3PHQ-17-52

Many thanks,
John the Fontaholic

DigiCorn

While all previous responses will put mine to shame, it depends on if you're in a hurry or not. We had a jewelry store client once, and they had a free CDROM of all kinds of ring images high res on it on a rich black background. I think it came from DeBeers Diamond is Forever campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82z_bxy60E&noredirect=1
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Mikie

Sent you a PM with a dropbox link to the image Mr. 'Holic  :hello:

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Fontaholic

Quote from: Skryber on October 16, 2013, 09:40:23 AMAre you still looking for this?

Nope -- Mikie sorted me out, thanks!    :smiley:

Fontaholic

Oh, and I forgot to mention this yesterday --

Customer approves the proofs by email and says, "Great, I'll pick these up on Saturday."

Two problems:
(1) We ain't open on Saturdays
(2) The job's being sent out to an outside vendor and won't be ready for this Saturday!  We'll be lucky if it's ready before NEXT Saturday...

:laugh:

Time for some "customer service"...   :banghead:

Farabomb

I have customers that send files in at 5 when they leave and expect proofs first thing the next morning.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

I call it the "Magic" theory...

After working on a job we're waiting on for a week, designers drop off files on Friday at 5pm.
"Magically" the proofs appear on their desk Monday morning...

I wonder who worked the weekend getting those done?  Not the Designer, that's for sure.

:hangme:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca