Twain plug-in for Canoscan 8400F w/Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7?

Started by Fontaholic, October 28, 2013, 08:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hey everyone,

When I recently installed Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 7-powered laptop, I stupidly forgot to save my TWAIN plug-in folder from the previous version of Photoshop that I uninstalled to make room for CS6...  :banghead:

Whenever I've downloaded the Canoscan drivers from the Internet, they only seem to get so far in the installation process before they crap out on me.

Does anyone know if the Canoscan 8400F drivers are compatible with Photoshop CS6?  I never had a problem using it with Photoshop CS4, and the lack of a TWAIN-based import interface in Photoshop is driving me batty!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Joe

It might or might not help but when you are ready to start the installer, right click the installer file and select "Run as Administrator".
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on October 29, 2013, 12:04:17 AMIt might or might not help but when you are ready to start the installer, right click the installer file and select "Run as Administrator".

Thanks!  I'll give this a try and see what happens.

Fontaholic

Well, I tried running this as an Administrator, but no change.

Then I realized that my laptop Windows 7 is 64-bit rather than 32-bit -- could that make a difference?  Because I noticed some other Canon drivers were only available for 32-bit Windows 7 and not 64-bit Windows 7... :banghead:

Joe

Yes, if you have installed 64-bit windows you have to use 64-bit drivers.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.