Windows 2000/2003 Server + Windows 8

Started by DigiCorn, July 05, 2013, 02:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

We have a Windows 2000 server box that says it's "sharing" but we can't see it on the network?
IP address conflict?
Usual remedies are not helping. Usually we do a ipconfig to get the computer's IP address and plug that into the Truflow interface.

Is it possible it can "forget" it's shared name?

we lost internet connection this past Friday afternoon..got it back in about an hour.
Come in this morning and there was some sort of network malfunction because I couldn't get to one of our networked drives.

I do think we have two routers that are competing with each other which is a different problem all together...but what does a short-timer know anyway?
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Joe

So you had a network connection to the Win 2000 server before Friday? Have you tried powering it (Win 2000 server) completely off. Wait 30 seconds and then power it back up?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Thanks for your help. But nevermind...
it was an IP number conflict  :shoots_self:
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Make sure there isn't an IP address conflict! :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

yeah...no sh*t.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mattbeals

which is why DNS and DHCP should be used.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Fortunately for me, they don't pay me enough to worry about how their network is set up.  :mrt:
But I will say it's sloppy.