OS X 10.10 'Yosemite'

Started by Joe, June 02, 2014, 12:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

Quote from: Farabomb on June 09, 2014, 08:46:47 AMI can throw a rock here at the shop and hit Rt. 80.

It's also the reason for most of the traffic that I hit.

People throwing rocks?

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

In some of the shittier parts of NJ people throwing rocks are a problem. They go onto the overpasses and chuck rocks into traffic.

But no, it's just the crappy drivers on 80 that cause backups for me.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

On 10.8.5 at home on the Mini. Should I sit on that until Yosemite arrives properly? Any urgency to go 10.9.x?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Ear

I have an old G3 Yosemite, blue n white, still running here... wonder if I can install Yosemite on the Yosemite.  :cheesy:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: frailer on July 21, 2014, 02:14:28 PMOn 10.8.5 at home on the Mini. Should I sit on that until Yosemite arrives properly? Any urgency to go 10.9.x?

10.9 is pretty stable now. 10.10 will probably take a year after its release to get rid of the new bugs fix the new features.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on July 21, 2014, 02:20:30 PMI have an old G3 Yosemite, blue n white, still running here... wonder if I can install Yosemite on the Yosemite.  :cheesy:

Well by gosh I don't see why not! Give it a try.

frailer

Quote from: Earendil on July 21, 2014, 02:20:30 PMI have an old G3 Yosemite, blue n white, still running here... wonder if I can install Yosemite on the Yosemite.  :cheesy:

We had to give our Yosemite away with the Harlequin RIP and Katana film setter. A tear to the eye, as it was an Ive classic.   :sad:  ... and one of the things that kept the dezinger/hipster crew on board while they scrambled to set things to right after Jobs rose from the ashes. All quaint history now.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Fontaholic

As far as I know, my at-home Mac Mini is still running the 10.7 OS it was installed with -- any particular reason why I should upgrade to 10.8 or later?  :huh:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic  :drunk3:

Ear

Quote from: Joe on July 21, 2014, 03:33:32 PM

:rolleyes: IDK. It is currently running OS 9.2. ahhh the good ol days.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on July 22, 2014, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Joe on July 21, 2014, 03:33:32 PM

:rolleyes: IDK. It is currently running OS 9.2. ahhh the good ol days.

You should submit a support ticket to Adobe and ask if CC 2014 will run on it once you get OS X 10.10 running. :laugh:

Ear

:lmao: I'm sure they would refer me to Adobe support, who would refer me back to Apple.

Joe

You be running around like a cat in a round building trying to find a corner to poop in.

beermonster

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 04, 2014, 10:54:50 AM
Quote from: Joe on June 04, 2014, 10:46:48 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on June 04, 2014, 08:01:57 AM
Quote from: Joe on June 03, 2014, 04:40:30 PMOS X Folsom Prison...Prepress version.
I live it. Just a few miles up US 50 from here.

Wow. I live right off of US 50 also. It's like we are neighbors!
Come over soon!

Bring beer!

sure - where we going? :drunk3:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway