OS X 10.10 'Yosemite'

Started by Joe, June 02, 2014, 12:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Quote from: Syphon on February 07, 2015, 09:28:32 PM2. I notice that when I put my Mac to sleep, the modem light that indicates computer activity continues to flash. Never seen that before and don't have any idea why it's doing that.
Probably the Adobe police connecting to your Mac secretly.  :lmao:

I keep activity monitor running, and after my computer's asleep for a while, I find that the network activity has still been busy, incoming and outgoing.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

That's the Adobe Police, The Apple Police, and the NSA all working hard to protect you.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Syphon

Good News! I now have a router!

BUT, I have a new problem.
My dumb brother started downloading the Yosemite upgrade to his Mac Mini, but he stopped it after he realized hours later that it would take three days over his slow internet connection.

So can I still use my install on my usb drive?
I asked the question on the Apple forums and someone said NO, because the install is connected to my Apple ID.
I thought you could copy the installer and then use it to upgrade other Macs.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

Quote from: Syphon on February 12, 2015, 05:09:03 PMGood News! I now have a router!

My dumb brother started downloading the Yosemite upgrade to his Mac Mini, but he stopped it after he realized hours later that it would take three days over his slow internet connection.

I asked the question on the Apple forums and someone said NO, because the install is connected to my Apple ID.

You can use it anywhere you please. At least I can.

Syphon

Quote from: Joe on February 12, 2015, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: Syphon on February 12, 2015, 05:09:03 PMGood News! I now have a router!

You can use it anywhere you please. At least I can.

I thought so!
Already used it to upgrade boss's old Mac Mini.
Now I just need to figure out if I can still upgrade brother's Mac after he started the download.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

Yeah just delete the partial download. The OS X installer is not tied to any particular hardware because it is free now.

andyfest

So for a while my iMac (OSX 10.8.5) and the other two workstations (Mac Pros using OSX 10.8.5) have not been able to connect to the old W2000 server running our Fuji Celebrant RIP at the platesetter. I could get as far as the sign-in window, enter the username, enter the password, and the window would just waggle like I had entered an incorrect password. Has been frustrating me for several months. Finally today I tried two things that I gleaned from the net:

1. The date/time setting on the W2000 server was 12 hours out i.e.: the time had been set to AM, when it should have been set to PM. I corrected that so the date and time on the W2000 server matched the date & time on my iMac.
2. When I connected to the server I used the normal Command K, then entered: 
cifs://username:password@ip address of server

Budda boom budda bing - connected!
Just in case anyone else out there has to connect to an old POS server too.  :banana:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro