Mail Houses

Started by DigiCorn, May 10, 2017, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

At the risk of sounding odd, I will actually stand up and say I do like this job.

Granted, there are times when I wake up in a cold sweat at 3:00 in the morning thinking about it, however, I don't know how I would put up with the bad times without liking the work.

Joe must like SOMETHING about it too, you only get really good at something you like.

Go ahead, fire away at me. :gom:

pspdfppdfxhd

Like just after I said I like the job, Acrobat crashed.

HAHA  :drunk3: Yippie!

pspdfppdfxhd

Then I forgot the "command - option J" thing and all that wonky separations trouble came back.

Now that's comedy!

:drunk3:

Just_A_Mac_Guy

I love my job actually... :banana: :banana: :banana:
It is the firms I work for that get in the way... :strangle:

pspdfppdfxhd

Yeah, the ownership seems to be getting in the way more and more these days. Leaves me wondering who owns the company some times.

Guess it's hard to own the company and not know what's going on as much anymore. Things have changed a lot and are changing constantly.

Inmates are running the asylum these days.

Possum

Trouble comes when the higher ups belong in an asylum.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Yes I actually like the work but despise the bullshit I have to go through to do the actual work. In my shangri la I would go to work in an empty building and the work would just be there waiting for me to do it. If there are any problems I could just email whomever to resolve it and never, EVER have to deal with a customer in person or over the phone. I hate phones. And people. Well...most people. Present company not included. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

I used to have something like that during my first job in printing. I was switched to second shift, typesetting and pasteup, and I WAS second shift. No phones, no people, no problems, just get it done.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

andyfest

I actually don't mind the work itself, albeit working with obsolete computers and software. There's three things I really don't like, and they have nothing to do with the actual digital work:

1. The daily 100 km roundtrip commute esp. in winter.

2. Dealing with the corporate suits that run our division from 250 km away. We are now just a number in a ledger.

3. The corporate "politically correct" rules we now have to live by.

Especially #3 - it's pure BS - it's now better to be politically correct than correct.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Quote from: Possum on May 17, 2017, 12:20:19 PMI used to have something like that during my first job in printing. I was switched to second shift, typesetting and pasteup, and I WAS second shift. No phones, no people, no problems, just get it done.

It was like that when I started here. At 5:00 pm was just me for the rest of the night. It was bliss.

Farabomb

I do like what I do. I'm quite proud of it in fact.

Like others have stated it's all the bullshit that goes along with it. It would also help my mood if I actually had some prepress work. I'm falling asleep at my damn desk today.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Its a long weekend up here in Kanata, is it a holiday in the States? Just wonderin is all.

May 24 we call it.

Reference to picking up a 24 of beer. (case of 24).

pspdfppdfxhd

Not sure if 24 beers would be enough this weekend though!

By the way, its about 90 degrees farenheight here in Toronto right now, 7pm, very strange.

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe

No holiday this weekend but Memorial Day weekend the following weekend.