erasing hard drive

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, February 10, 2022, 05:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I am fed up and sick with this situation and i am going in early tomorrow morning like a Ninja to do a clean install of Big Sur and see if it restarts. If it does, I will start downloading CC apps then restart after each. If the same problem is there, then it must be hardware related. If i screw it up i can always revert back to tonight's time machine backup.

GET THAT GARBAGE OUTTA HERE!

Joe

I'm sad the forum software only allows me to like your post once!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

I AM TITANIUM!!! HEAR ME ROAR!!! GLITCH, BE DAMNED!!!

pspdfppdfxhd

Can i use my usb hard drive to download Big Sur? I mean, it's not a flash drive, just one of those WD 2 TB drives.

Joe

Well you need to download Big Sur to your Mac into the applications folder and then run the terminal command to turn that download into a bootable disk and yes you can use that 2 TB external drive. It will however delete everything on it when it makes it a bootable installer disk. So don't use it if has data on it you need.

Tracy

pspdfppdfxhd

Ha ha thanks. I won't be able to erase that one... its holding the time machine backup! I do have a flash drive at work, i doubt it's 16GB though, may have to truck down to best buy at 9:00am to pick one up. Unless I could partition the removable drive? Probably not a good idea.

pspdfppdfxhd

Nooo not Best Buy, they open at 10. I will be at work at 6am, Walmart opens at 7. I will be going there.

pspdfppdfxhd

I have two 8GB drives, can i stick em in 2 usb ports and meld them into one drive? Just kidding.

Joe

I anxiously await successful results of your endeavor. May the ghost of Steve Jobs be with you.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 11, 2022, 06:08:35 PMI have two 8GB drives, can i stick em in 2 usb ports and meld them into one drive? Just kidding.
You can put them both in a microwave safe dish and melt them together in the microwave. Results are not guaranteed.

pspdfppdfxhd

I will post the results of this hopeful yet potentially hopeless endeavour soon. Stay tuned. :drunk3:

Joe

I probably won't sleep tonight!  :yuck2:

pspdfppdfxhd

pspdfppdfxhd

god er done! Just loading CC etc.

Wasn't successful on the first try. Error installing. 2nd time ok.

8)