86 Amazing Mac OS X Tips And Tricks

Started by Joe, September 14, 2016, 07:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StudioMonkey

Quote36. Save Password In ICloud Keychain To Access It Across Devices

This one worries me.  Passwords are supposed to be secret.  Nobody can remember all their passwords so we have Keychain to remember them for us.  Then they ask you to upload Keychain to iCloud where it could be less secure than Hillary's private email accounts.

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

Quote from: StudioMonkey on September 15, 2016, 04:24:29 AM
Quote36. Save Password In ICloud Keychain To Access It Across Devices

This one worries me.  Passwords are supposed to be secret.  Nobody can remember all their passwords so we have Keychain to remember them for us.  Then they ask you to upload Keychain to iCloud where it could be less secure than Hillary's private email accounts.

Yeah I wouldn't ever use that!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Like when my boss asked me to write the WiFi password on the AP today? It's bad enough I have a post-it note with the password; just in case anyone needs it. Not that anyone EVER remembers that it's up there, no matter how many times I tell them.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

I got so sick of people asking for it, people who have worked in this shop since that old-ass b/g Linksys was put in, I made little signs for ALL of their desks & the Conference Room with the Wifi passwd on it. Thing can't handle enough traffic to make it worth hijacking, and you can't even see it from most of the parking lot either. Built-in security! Derp a derp.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on September 14, 2016, 10:36:40 AMTo me saving to the Desktop really isn't a problem as it is just one click to get there in the File-->Save As dialog. See first attached image. Just click on Desktop in the far left column and you are there.
You mean Shift-Cmd-D?  No time to be clicking around all day! :P

QuoteThere is a list of recent locations you have saved as shown by clicking the drop down menu shown in the second attached image below.
Love that for saving new InDesign docs after I've already placed something from the job's folder on the server. Drop that menu, first location is going to be the Links folder and I'm right there. Pains me to no end when a co-worker (**cough**Manager**cough**) goes navigating through the dozen subfolders manually via the sidebar. ffs, we ain't got all day!!  >:(
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.