Where are Guides in Pitstop 10?

Started by DCurry, October 10, 2012, 01:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

I can't find Guides in Pitstop 10. I've been using Pitstop 7.51, but I want to use the later version because of improvements.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I use them constantly and I can't use Acrobat's guides because they are page-specific whereas Pitstop's guides will show up on all pages when you're using them.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Thank, Joe. That's for Pitstop 11, but the info is the same so I found it.

What a horrible interface for guides. Takes up way too much room onscreen and it's more clicks than before to add guides, but I do like the "mirror on even pages" function.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Yeah, I was in a rush. Just walking out the door so I linked what I found quickly. But 10 & 11 aren't that much different.

I find a lot of the newer Pitstop, version 10 & 11, added more clicks for a lot of stuff. I guess it was too easy before. Like instead of having the Grayscale, CMYK, RGB buttons on the inspector for one click they decided it was better for you to have to click a menu and then click the option you wanted. :death:

abc

Hi all, I heard that certain things became a bit more 'clicky' and long winded from a few people over last versions.

It would be helpful to get some input on the nasty ones so I can take a look, I only took PitStop over recently so I'm keen to address any of these kind of issues and see if we can improve usability.

Joe

Bring the buttons back to the Inspector like below. Keep the menu for other stuff but put these buttons back on the inspector. Also, if you open any Pitstop pallet it should automatically select the Pitstop Selection tool. Inspector currently does but global change, actions, etc...does not. I'm sure I'll think of more.