What Email Clients do you use?

Started by Aaron, August 07, 2014, 12:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I just sort them.
I have a slew of mailboxes I stash stuff that I want to save.
And they are sorted alphabetically!
I quit using mac mail, got tired of the BS.
I just use web mail (log into yahoo mail for home and use web outlook for work) for all my mail.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: Aaron on August 07, 2014, 02:35:34 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on August 07, 2014, 02:23:33 PMI have every email since January of 2008.

Back when we used to archive work to tape, one of the tapes broke. We lost about 200 jobs. Some of them have come back for reprint. In some cases, thanks to those old emails, I have the attached art files.

In your inbox though right? Goldmine is cool in that you can file an email to someones history and you can look at that particular contact and see all the emails anyone in the building has sent to this person.
well, yeah, but you don't have to do it that way. You can archive to a local directory as well.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

You can export a mailbox in Apple Mail which works for archiving purposes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

StudioMonkey

Mac mail at home, never deleted any emails and I'm pretty sure there is an automatic archive setting at least for attachments.  There was a folder full of stuff but I haven't checked since I upgraded to Mavericks.

At work its PCs so Opera on one, Outlook on the other.  Opera blows big time.  Limited disk space means we only keep 6 months emails and I have to clean out the spam every few days (we get a LOT of spam).
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Ear

I use Apple Mail, because like everything Apple does, it's the bees knees.  :cheesy: :sarcasm:

... actually I do and it's not too bad. I do prefer the gmail format tho... especially how it threads emails.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

You can have Apple mail to thread emails to. Myself I prefer not to have them threaded though.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I prefer the mouths of babes to be threaded.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

Too much work. Duct tape is much easier.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Designia(o_O)

For Thunderbird users, when I manually move an email into anther folder it asks me if I want to compact that folder. Do I?

DigiCorn

Quote from: Ear on August 22, 2014, 09:31:07 AMToo much work. Duct tape is much easier.
Silence is golden

but duct tape is silver

Quote from: Designia on August 25, 2014, 09:28:45 AMFor Thunderbird users, when I manually move an email into anther folder it asks me if I want to compact that folder. Do I?
I do. Makes no difference.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: Designia on August 25, 2014, 09:28:45 AMFor Thunderbird users, when I manually move an email into anther folder it asks me if I want to compact that folder. Do I?

It's not really a folder but a mailbox file. You should do it every now and then but you shouldn't have to every time you move an email. Mailboxes can become fragmented just like a hard drive. Compacting them recovers empty space and will make them smaller...and faster to access.

DigiCorn

I should say it makes no difference in how you access old emails. Compacted ones will search/display as quickly as non-compacted ones.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Designia(o_O)

Great, thanks for the info! I was afraid I'd lose attachments.

StudioMonkey

Since I upgraded to Mavericks my Mac Mail has been playing up - constantly asking for account passwords seemingly because the trusted certificate is no longer a trusted certificate.  Anyone else had this problem?
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

Not on mavericks but mine does that all the time. It just gets dumb for some reason and at times it won't even take the correct password.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job