Quark 6.5 and OS X 10.5

Started by LRob, August 11, 2008, 10:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRob

Is anybody having any problem? We are looking to upgrade, But I heard quark 6 and OSx10.5 don't jive.

Monkeyman

Quark 6.5 doesn't seem to have many more issues than normal on my 10.5. Fonts are a bit of a pain. I always would get font might be bad error when printing but said go anyways and it always worked through our RIP. Since the upgrade, I still get the errors but it now errors out at my RIP. I have a work around but it's a pain.
Outside of that, it runs just as crappy as advertised.
As is in all things, so must go into the night.

Joe

I use it on 10.5 if I have to. It works as well (or as bad) as it did on 10.4.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

It's supposed to run on a Power Mac emulator called Rosetta. Kinda like Classic under OS X. From what I've read, it really slows things down.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Quote from: Possum on August 11, 2008, 11:41:26 AMIt's supposed to run on a Power Mac emulator called Rosetta. Kinda like Classic under OS X. From what I've read, it really slows things down.

It runs natively on OS X (10.4 or 10.5) on a Power PC. It runs under Rosetta on 10.4 & 10.5 on an Intel Mac.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

LRob

Cool thanks guys. We have a couple clients that wont move up to Quark 7 or even better Indesign :blowup:, but this helps.

PrepressCrapFixer

Quote from: LRob on August 12, 2008, 07:31:03 AMCool thanks guys. We have a couple clients that wont move up to Quark 7 or even better Indesign :blowup:, but this helps.

I actually only have a couple of clients that have moved up to Quark 7.  Most are transitioning to Indesign.  That's the way I prefer it.
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000

LRob

Quote from: PrepressCrapFixer on August 12, 2008, 08:45:01 AM
Quote from: LRob on August 12, 2008, 07:31:03 AMCool thanks guys. We have a couple clients that wont move up to Quark 7 or even better Indesign :blowup:, but this helps.

I actually only have a couple of clients that have moved up to Quark 7.  Most are transitioning to Indesign.  That's the way I prefer it.
I hear ya