any xerox 700 users?

Started by agent_orange, October 25, 2012, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: david on October 26, 2012, 11:02:28 AMis different bad so different it's good?

No.

Anyway, our tech came back today and noticed one of the mystery trap doors in the finisher wouldn't open. Turns out the entire machine was "crooked" and off its foundation a bit, so he moved it. The alignment is way better. For today, anyway.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: gnubler on October 26, 2012, 12:12:02 PM
Quote from: david on October 26, 2012, 11:02:28 AMis different bad so different it's good?

No.

Anyway, our tech came back today and noticed one of the mystery trap doors in the finisher wouldn't open. Turns out the entire machine was "crooked" and off its foundation a bit, so he moved it. The alignment is way better. For today, anyway.
the X does have many mystery trap doors, some with no labels to let you know it indeed does open.  :laugh:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Possum

We've got a 700. One thing I noticed is with the last machine, the tech profiled our most common stocks. Now they want the customer to do it. Even with that, front to back registration is iffy, and changes through the run. I'm always bawled out by bindery for inconsistent registration, but the tech says it's within specs.

One big problem is with NCR. The tech says don't use it in this machine, but we have several customers who just want what amounts to 25 sets to run. Even with digital NCR, it sometimes prints as many doubles as good sets.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

gnubler

David

one of the many reasons why we drink...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Syphon

We had a Xerox 700 for a least couple of years.
Nothing but problems with it and the service.
Spent a lot of time feeding one sheet at a time.

Beginning of the year we ditch the 700 and got a Konica Bizhub.
New monster, new problems.
Boy, printing industry is a bitch!
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

gnubler

Quote from: Syphon on October 29, 2012, 07:47:10 PMSpent a lot of time feeding one sheet at a time.

12 pt C1S. Joy of my life. :death:

Possum

The 700i is supposed to handle up to 300 gsm, but you'd better have a high capacity feeder with it if you're going to try to auto duplex. 10 pt. won't even make the turn out of the regular trays, and you can't auto duplex out of the manual feeder. It works a lot better from the hi cap feeder, which feeds it straight out.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

gnubler

The big X be gettin' a tongue lashing right now. Yes!

gnubler

Xerox f'd us today. Same old story.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on October 31, 2012, 11:45:18 PMXerox f'd us today. Same old story.

Did they buy dinner before the event?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on November 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM
Quote from: gnubler on October 31, 2012, 11:45:18 PMXerox f'd us today. Same old story.

Did they buy dinner before the event?
When it's early on in the courtship process and they want to get in, it's always the same old wine and dine...
sweet talking....
Broadway show going...
hand holding, kiss on the cheek....

Now you just like on your back and close your eyes until it's over.

I hate Xerox.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

I feel bad for the service techs.

DigiCorn

I like one of our techs....

one
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway