Quark 2016 PDF's Cropped

Started by Bakerman, November 15, 2017, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakerman

Hey there,

I have been having issues with Quark 2016 all day. The latest is when trying to save a file as a PDF the document is cropped in half. Same issue when I save the file out to prinergy pdf (EVO), the zero / zero point is gone and the file is not following the original layout. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Bakerman

Joe

Do you mean when you export the PDF from Quark it is cropped in half? Not sure what you mean about "save the file out to prinergy pdf". Explain the process you are using please.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Bakerman

When I create a EVO PDF for Prinergy  to refine in Workshop I use the Quark Output Styles menu. Example "file export as PDF  x save as PDF/ EVO " When the document is created it does not maintain the layout size. Do this help you ?

Bakerman

Here is an example:

David

looks like you have it landscape when it should be portrait
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Bakerman

The original document was landscape. This is something in the output styles that I cannot figure out.

Joe

What is the size of the quark document? The pdf you posted is 3.88" x 8.88".

Also what version of Quark are you using?

Bakerman

Sorry for the delay I was away from work. The document size was 3.875" x 8.875". Using Quark 2016.
FWIW yesterday I had a huge font problem which affected Quark, causing it to crash. After several attempts I tossed the Preferences and the Extentions folder from the Library. After a restart of the computer Quark worked, but all the PDF extentions were gone. I copied them from another user's Mac and even though I had the ability to create a PDF I was faced with this cropping issue.
Worst case scenario I will make .eps files and make the PDF's out od InDesign. Hope this info helps. Thanks for all the replies.

Bakerman

Bakerman

Okay then new day new issues. Same as yesterday Quark wouldn't launch. Finally ditched Preferences and Extentions, got it to launch . But now I cannot make PDF's at all. Looks like .eps is my go to from here on until I get the time to re-install.

Joe

I would do the re-install before I would go the EPS route. Just my opinion though.

Bakerman

Yeah I got work to do first. Hopefully it's all InDesign LOL.

Farabomb

Why am I having a flashback to using something called box to EPS or some thing at my first prepress gig? It was in quark, probably an extension that allowed to save a portion of the layout. I was too green to realize exactly why we had it but I knew we had some mishmash RIP that was a Rampage backend feeling an Apogee printdrive. Everything had to be rotated 90 or something like that. That stupid extra step blew up more than a few jobs that got to press wrong.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Bakerman

Quark 2016 re-installed all is well in my prepress world. Thank you everyone for the support. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Bakerman

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on November 16, 2017, 09:08:57 AMWhy am I having a flashback to using something called box to EPS or some thing at my first prepress gig? It was in quark, probably an extension that allowed to save a portion of the layout. I was too green to realize exactly why we had it but I knew we had some mishmash RIP that was a Rampage backend feeling an Apogee printdrive. Everything had to be rotated 90 or something like that. That stupid extra step blew up more than a few jobs that got to press wrong.
Sadly, I remember that. FontWizardXT
by JoLauterbach

http://www.jolauterbach.com/fontwizard/FontWizardXT.pdf
http://www.jolauterbach.com/fontwizard/fontwizard.htm
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway