Coating Blanket cutting

Started by G_Town, August 25, 2018, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

We have an ancient Misomex table we are using to cut blankets and I have sunk to much money into it. Looking for something to replace it. Naturally they aren't going to let me have a Kongsberg so I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive to just use for cutting blankets.

Any suggestions?

born2print

We use a pressman with a razor blade
 :hello:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Farabomb

Aren't his arms a little too shaky for that task?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Quote from: Farabomb on August 28, 2018, 12:22:06 PMAren't his arms a little too shaky for that task?
I think something else balances it out  :wink:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Fat Boy Tim

Hello,

We have a very inexpensive Graphtec FC2250 Flatbed Plotter. Something like that might suit you. They don't make it anymore but the new version is still quite cheap. They are about a 1/3 of the price of the cheapest Kongsberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZ6MlIQIRk

The other machine we nearly bought was the Mimaki CFL-605RT. The resellers said that the insides were just as well made as the Zund's they sell. The reason we did not pick this one is that changing substrate was a bit messy but that won't be an issue for you.

http://www.mimakieurope.com/products/cutting-plotters/cfl-605rt/

Nor sure if the table is big enough for your blankets. Both machines run off Illustrator with a plug in.

Hope that helps you.

scottrsimons

Pretty high tech video with the cabinet full of Zip Drives and SyQuest Drives.  :lmao:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Fat Boy Tim

Quote from: scottrsimons on August 29, 2018, 06:28:16 AMPretty high tech video with the cabinet full of Zip Drives and SyQuest Drives.  :lmao:

Well spotted - Thank god you never made it to the bit with Corel X6!

scottrsimons

Thanks FBT, I had to go back and watch to see it. That wasn't so bad. That and Illustrator CS6. I mean CS6 was 2012, not so sure about Corel X6. I'm not gonna knock any of it, as I know there are some people out there that might still be using that hardware and software. And if it works, more power to them.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Farabomb

When I left my print job this year the most current adobe software we had was CS6. I was also running snow leopard and had a production computer running NT...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

I'm still on CS5 and Snow Leopard. The Windows XP machine did get replaced, however.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.