California job opening

Started by Joe, April 02, 2014, 11:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I just got the exact same email Joe!
Apparently we share the same skills?

Moving to Montana soon...  come on, you know the tune!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

They don't want me... it's about 9 miles from my current job, and not quite double my current salary. I don't really have supervisor experience, and when I did "run my department," at best I had one other person besides myself to manage; not 25 or more.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

well, I did have 25 or more at one time...  hell, I had 27 strippers, plus a plateroom full of people, camera operators, film contactors...
but, ever since 9-11, we've cut back quite a bit.

Now I have 7 to supervise.
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

Quote from: Joe on April 02, 2014, 11:42:38 AMNot sure why I got this in my email but I will pass it along in case anyone is looking:

https://jobs.ca.gov/Bulletin/Bulletin/Index?examCD=4GS03

http://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/pages/7381.aspx
Sounds like they want to hire my boss as an assistant basically.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

David

I would do it if it wasn't in Cali... and in Dallas, close to my house, with access to the bar.
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

It's in West Sac, next to the river and the AAA baseball stadium and just up the street from Ikea. But the rest of West Sac is a lot like East LA or East St. Louis.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 02, 2014, 02:42:47 PMBut the rest of West Sac is a lot like East LA or East St. Louis.
Is that supposed to be a selling point?   :laugh:

ah, the smell of East St. Louis, it reminds me of victory!
Livin' la Vida Loca

Diddler

Just a bit of a commute for me. Think i'll pass this one up.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

born2print

:lmao:
If you image search "smells like Sao Palo" a quarter of the images are Lindsay Lohan!  :wtf:

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

Quote from: david on April 02, 2014, 02:49:48 PMmaybe that's her new scent.

Eu de post nasal drip.

or

Coke Bloat #5
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

born2print

StudioMonkey

Quote from: david on April 02, 2014, 11:55:02 AMMoving to Montana soon...  come on, you know the tune!

. . . "Gonna be a dental floss tychoon"
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on April 02, 2014, 02:43:59 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on April 02, 2014, 02:42:47 PMBut the rest of West Sac is a lot like East LA or East St. Louis.
Is that supposed to be a selling point?   :laugh:

ah, the smell of East St. Louis, it reminds me of victory!
better than Fresno
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway