Enfocus Profile Settings in XMF ...

Started by impodave, March 28, 2010, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

Hey XMF Fans ....

What Enfocus Profile should I choose and apply in the XMF workflows ? PDF/X-1A or something else ...?? Also, do you have any additional actions applied to some or all of your workflows.... Like I have convert spots to CMYK in the Allcolors workflow - but that may have to be disabled in the job if you have a CMYK +#Spots job, which we get once in a while ??

Yeah, I've been flying by the seat of my pants since 10 February - now its time to work out the gory details before I turn the art people loose on XMF ..... :huh:
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Grimace

I don't have any history with Enfocus products, but don't a lot of people use Pitstop here? I would assume(bad habit of mine) that the same sort of setting that work with a Pistop setup will translate to the Enfocus profiles in within XMF.

frailer

Impodave, a minor tsunami coming our way the next 2 days. Shall have a look for you when it's passed. Embarrassed to admit, haven't lifted the hood much on it yet myself. Not that far ahead of you in the 'confused' stakes.    :laugh:   Am guessing they would have pre-set stuff in there to fit with our overall color mgt. In our case Euroscale v2.
We had set up from the start a 'Ticket' for Process+Spots as well. That handles the situation where you need Spots retained.
Have they not done that for you? When they set it up here, it was all new territory for us, of course, therefore a lot was whistling past the left ear.   :sad:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

mattbeals

Depends on what you want to check for or fix when it hits the RIP. You can always do a full preflight or verify it meets with PDF/X-1a or PDF/X-4 before being allowed to RIP.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Bert-E

In addition to Matt's suggestion, you might want to take a look at www.gwg.org. This is a PDF/X-plus standard that categorizes preflight depending on what you're doing. Sheetfed, Webfed, large format.

cheers,
bert
-----
Follow Enfocus on Twitter (@EnfocusSW) <http://twitter.com/EnfocusSW>  or connect with Enfocus on Facebook  <http://www.facebook.com/EnfocusSW>  and get updated on the latest product and industry related news instantly!