Quite Imposing

Started by prepressDog, September 23, 2011, 05:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressDog

Just happen to go to the site ... Our current ver wont install on new imacs, guessing because 10.6.
Works on mine. Intel 10.5.8 (i dont see any reason to upgrade my mac to 10.6, seems buggy?)

But anyway... Did find they have a Free update 2.9b
http://www.quite.com/direct/anyupgrade.htm

Just plug in your serial... it will tell you if update. I dont know what or if any changes. Mby just some bug fixes. I will google it later. Sure some of you already know of this... Just thought I'd share

DigiCorn

What version can you get the free update from? When I clicked on the link, it immediately told me I'd need a credit card for purchase before I even entered my serial number.

I really only use it for digital jobs, and since we have to use SmartBoard™®© I can only run up to Acrobat v5, so I haven't upgraded Quite Imposing in some time; I think we might even be on version 1. Even if I did upgrade, I probably couldn't run it where I need to run it. I guess I could always install on another box, and redistill to the lower version for digital jobs. Yeah... that sounds safe.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

Quite Software guys are among the most accessible/approachable of all pp vendors.  I still use QABOT to convert to Gray, often.

Digi, if you contact them, they will tell you what's involved. Probably a really easy update/plug in... I've got my original QABOT running in Acro 9 Pro.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.