iGetter_Chrome_Hightail

Started by frailer, December 01, 2015, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I put this in 'Other OSs'    :embarrassed:

Here, where it maybe should be...

Our head office regularly sends us links via HighTail. We follow the bouncing ball, and they start downloading after a folder is chosen.
Suddenly, out of the blue, it's tripping on iGetter, (i.e. it won't download unless I use iGetter. But iGetter's not a freebie, right?
Something 'crept in' here, that I'm not aware of?

....but I ended up in a useless loop; couldn't download it, but blocked by dumb message.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

iGetter is some kind of download manager. Not sure why you would need that unless HighTail requires it. There are a lot of other options though for sending receiving files if this isn't working for you. If you both have creative cloud you both have Cloud storage space available to use. You're paying for it so you might as well use it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

That's a weird one, we have a paid Hightail account (now called YouSendIt) and I've never seen this happen or had a client complain about it on their end. Something sounds fishy.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Ear

iGet'er... reminds me of the Zepp tune d'yer mak'er :naughty:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

My compadra copied/pasted URL into Safari. Which, of course, I was 'gonna do' this morning.    :-[

So let's just go with Frank, then, hey? My all-time fave Frank, still got it on vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr256gta2Qw

Oh... ZEpp.... hoo well, never let a chance go by.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Ear

:rotf:  Hittin' the sauce today, cap'n?

I can remember, as a kid, my dad had a Phi Zappa Krappa poster in the hall.

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

I don't need sauce to come out with crap like that; it's easy for me....  :grin:

That guy could flit around a guitar neck. Died too young. One of my favourite long solos... 'joyous', I'd describe it as.  Bass player's no slouch, either.

StudioMonkey

Hot Rats is a fave of mine to . . . I saw Zappa in London on the Them or Us tour in '85 I think.  They did 4 shows, 2-3 hours each and did not play any song twice.  Whipping Post, Penguins in Bondage etc.  Awesome.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

frailer

Quote from: StudioMonkey on December 03, 2015, 09:07:43 AMHot Rats is a fave of mine to . . . I saw Zappa in London on the Them or Us tour in '85 I think.  They did 4 shows, 2-3 hours each and did not play any song twice.  Whipping Post, Penguins in Bondage etc.  Awesome.
:goodpost:

Heck, it's Friday. Enjoy. Garry MacDonald as Norman Gunston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyrsiIK7rBE

frailer

Penny dropped. D'Oh! Uncheck iGetter in Chrome Prefs. 

Might have sneaked in during an update, maybe...    :undecided:

andyfest

Always liked the Zappa album "Joe's Garage". "Joe's Garage", "Catholic Girls" and "Why Does it Hurt When I Pee?" were three of my faves. Haven't heard that for years, but may have to drag the vinyl out now.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro