Tracy

So just starting to use QR code in InDesign
did a business card QR code it has all of the persons info
First name, Last name, Address, Phone, Email and URL
I think the address was even City, St Zip 

I can't see a way of copying and pasting all the info,
when you open the QR code window you can paste once 
it doesn't let you select text from the document
you have to close the window to go get more text.
I avoid typesetting, I will set up styles or even data merge BCs if I have to.
Is there any way around this?
wah!  ;D

orka81

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can right-click on the QR code and scroll down to "Edit QR Code".
Life turns on the head of a dime, yet somehow we muddle through

Tracy

Thanks Orka!
I did find that, It makes it a little bit better
I guess I want to be able to do nothing!  ;D

madbugger

Quote from: Tracy on February 07, 2024, 01:39:12 PMI guess I want to be able to do nothing!  ;D
Don't we all? ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

David

Quote from: madbugger on February 07, 2024, 02:05:01 PM
Quote from: Tracy on February 07, 2024, 01:39:12 PMI guess I want to be able to do nothing!  ;D
Don't we all? ;D
doing that right now....

or not doing...   whatev
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

:offtopic: :offtopic:

Just change the text to NOT FAIR!  ;D

DigiCorn

Quote from: madbugger on February 07, 2024, 02:05:01 PM
Don't we all? ;D
I'm currently busy doing nothing right now. Oops. Typing this was something. OK. Doing nothing starting....

now
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DCurry

I would copy all the info and paste into a text editor. Then once the QR code dialog is open, you can leave it open while you go to the open text document to copy the next bit, then return to ID to paste. 

Or, duplicate the ID file and switch between documents (might not work but worth a shot)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

DCurry

Lots of great ideas are born out of my laziness!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

David

it is well known, if you want to find an easier way to do something, ask a lazy person to do it.

8)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

I avoid typesetting, I hate proofing something that is typed manually
looking at every number and letter kills me

Tracy

Using Text edit for the info was a great idea
worked like a champ, still not happy about doing QR codes tho  ;D

born2print

Part of the problem with proofreading is that our brains are great at sorting out jumbled letters into words. I bet you can read this almost as fast as a correct sentence.

A vheclie epxledod at a plocie cehckipont near the UN haduqertares in Bagahdd on Mnoday kilinlg the bmober and an Irqai polcie offceir

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...