News:

Main Menu

PDF Footers

Started by MandL, January 20, 2012, 10:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandL

We have a customer that wants a footer put on all of their proofs. Is there a way to extract the certain info from the pdf itself (ie. ink colors, size of crop box) using some kind of variable? I have Acrobat 9, PitstopPro 10 on a mac. I usually do 20 to 30 of these proofs and honestly, I'm getting a little tired of manually typing most of the information in, especially since most of this info is already a part of the file. We name the pdfs by PO#/Job#/Form#
The footer should look like this: "PO ###### - Job ##### - Form ###### • Qty 25,000 • 75# RCSTOCK • 13.5" x 7.333" • Perf @ 3.667" • 2/2 - Black, PMS 286 / Black, PMS 286

Suggestions?
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | RamPage 13 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Basysprint 540 CTP

David

How are you currently adding the footer info?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

MandL

Through Acrobat. Document > Header & Footer > Add... I then manually type in the info needed

Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | RamPage 13 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Basysprint 540 CTP

Joe

Pitstop actions has an "Add Object" and one of the items is "Text". It has a list of variables but probably doesn't include what you are looking for. Here are the variables it includes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

MandL

yeah, I saw that. Even went to enfocus site to see if there was anything there too... but, alas, I'm without a footer....lol

gnubler

I use watermarks in Acrobat to do the same thing.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david