Fuji Film Luxel Final Proofer 5600 + Laminator: Color Art 680tIII

Started by Skryber, February 23, 2009, 06:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

Fuji Film Luxel Final Proofer 5600 + Laminator: Color Art 680tIII
Works Great. High Quality Dot. Email me with questions. I have to talk to bossman about price which I'm sure is negotiable. I'll post it after I talk to him more about it.We just bought an Epson Stylus Pro 9880 and fingerprinting tomorrow so we will have no use for the old final proofer. Too bad we can't keep it around....great machine. Located in Hammond, IN, USA.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Skryber

Quote from: Chelle on February 23, 2009, 08:16:43 PMYou bought your Epson tomorrow? Time travel? :huh: :laugh:

No, we're fingerprinting tomorrow silly! I really need to start reading these before I hit Post.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

G_Town

Quote from: Skryber on February 23, 2009, 06:49:06 PMFuji Film Luxel Final Proofer 5600 + Laminator: Color Art 680tIII
Works Great. High Quality Dot. Email me with questions. I have to talk to bossman about price which I'm sure is negotiable. I'll post it after I talk to him more about it.We just bought an Epson Stylus Pro 9880 and fingerprinting tomorrow so we will have no use for the old final proofer. Too bad we can't keep it around....great machine. Located in Hammond, IN, USA.

Yea we have a 5600 rock solid machine to bad you can't keep it. Blows the approval out of the water IMHO.

I'd be interested how much you want for it we still have customers that demand dot proofs so we are going to be using ours for a while. We also have a 9800 that we need to calibrate to the fuji but we mainly use it for copy changes etc and not color.

Whoops I am rambling.

Carry on. :embarrassed:

Foozball

Quote from: G_Town on February 24, 2009, 08:52:42 AMYea we have a 5600 rock solid machine to bad you can't keep it. Blows the approval out of the water IMHO.

I'd be interested how much you want for it we still have customers that demand dot proofs so we are going to be using ours for a while. We also have a 9800 that we need to calibrate to the fuji but we mainly use it for copy changes etc and not color.

Whoops I am rambling.

Carry on. :embarrassed:
Ditto! Makes me wonder how many of our (less skilled/printingly challenged) customers keep coming back, just so they can get that nice shiny proof BEFORE we start printing, and avoid the much hated treacherous "press check"!!
We're actually "looking" for a vacuum at the moment, our current one works, but seems to be having some "issues" with consistency!  :wink:

Skryber

The new proofer we have is continuous tone, but has the option to print dots. The option, I believe, is another 5000 USD. We have one customer that demands dots also, but they don't match our press dots anyway. He brings in a lot of work, so if he's not happy with it, we may buy the dot option. Bossman, says to give him a minute and he'll give me a price. He's willing to deliver depending on distance. I'll let you know price in a few.

G_Town

Quote from: Skryber on February 24, 2009, 10:07:36 AMThe new proofer we have is continuous tone, but has the option to print dots. The option, I believe, is another 5000 USD. We have one customer that demands dots also, but they don't match our press dots anyway. He brings in a lot of work, so if he's not happy with it, we may buy the dot option. Bossman, says to give him a minute and he'll give me a price. He's willing to deliver depending on distance. I'll let you know price in a few.

K, I've seen the dot option for inkjets and it suxors IMHO just makes big fuzzy dots I personally wouldn't spend the money.

When we first bought or first inkjet (after our beloved Iris died) we were looking at the option and I told the owner it makes no sense because the dots don't mean squat and he agreed, the pressroom manager wanted the option but he got vetoed in leu of the 5G's
 :cheesy:

Skryber

BTW, the reason we are getting rid of it, is because we traded our Rampage Shooter to use this new proofer. Otherwise we would have to buy a new one. I have no idea what the cost is, but I guess too much.  :tongue:  Also, materials are more expensive than the Epson. I think today is the last day we can use it. :( I had to create a proof last night on "clear" stock. I guess they are going to lay it over holographic material to decide which material they will use. I was unsuccessful with Mylar, but Polybase Melinex worked like a charm. I didn't think it was going to work at all, never had to do that before. Now, I'm even more upset about getting rid of it.  :cry:  Still waiting on price.

Skryber

He wants 15,000 USD. That includes whatever materials are left. Receiver, Transfer Film (Metallic, Green, Orange, Red, Blue, Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) This was upgraded to GXT version which allows for the extra colors aside from CMYK, to better match spot colors, and also has an extra vacuum. It's a bit faster since then. It can be discussed whether the server will be included. Right now it isn't. It's worth about $3500. That's the new box. We have the old one here still, but I don't think it supports the upgrade. Everything is negotiable.

Skryber

I forgot to mention, it's also capable of using a white cartridge, but we never have.

G_Town

Quote from: Skryber on February 25, 2009, 02:15:55 PMI forgot to mention, it's also capable of using a white cartridge, but we never have.

I'll pass it on, we are on a spending freeze but ya never know.

We use the white on a regular basis works great when you are printing on foil board etc..

Skryber

Foozball

Is there any chance you'd be willing to sell the second vacuum separately? (I'm assuming this unit only uses one)

I'm going to the office NOW, to stir up management and see if they're interested!

Skryber

Quote from: Foozball on March 05, 2009, 11:51:28 AMIs there any chance you'd be willing to sell the second vacuum separately? (I'm assuming this unit only uses one)

I'm going to the office NOW, to stir up management and see if they're interested!

I will find out. He might have a harder time selling the machine without it though. I'll let you know.