remove Side B (back) page in preps 4.2?

Started by wonderings, January 30, 2020, 01:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

new to preps, basically working with templates that cover almost everything. I want to adjust a template that is set for 2 sides. I want to get rid of the back page and cannot figure out how to do that in preps. Using Preps 4.2.2

**edit**

I swear this happens 9/10 times I post a question, I figure it out after. Seems so counter intuitive to newer software! Also realize now that Preps is not part of Agfa but Kodak  :facepalm:

Joe

Preps 4.2.2? Welcome to 2005. :rotf:

(moved into the Kodak forum)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Shouldn't it be the Scenicsoft® forum Joe?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Yeah for 4.2.2 it should but we don't have a Scenicsoft® forum. :cheesy:

wonderings

first I have ever used Preps, same with Apogee. I do prefer Imposition Studio, can set up anything in a flash. I use my impo software every now and then but want to learn what they have in the new place.

Have to connected to an old PC running Windows 2000... Professional! in order to use preps.

born2print

Preps is great, especially for flat work, but honestly UpFront (end of life unfortunately) and Metrix are way better for books and complex books like come&gos (IMHO)
...and I should clarify, those will "feed" a Preps workflow

Tracy

Been a long time for Preps for me
I think you might have to tell it how many pages?
For a template

Joe

Quote from: wonderings on January 30, 2020, 02:49:10 PM
first I have ever used Preps, same with Apogee. I do prefer Imposition Studio, can set up anything in a flash. I use my impo software every now and then but want to learn what they have in the new place.

Have to connected to an old PC running Windows 2000... Professional! in order to use preps.

Surprisingly I was pretty close in that time frame. We started using Preps in 2009 and we started with Preps 5 so I took a shot in the dark. BTW...Preps is completely different in versions 6 on up. Looks and works nothing like the way Preps was in version 5 and below. You wouldn't even recognize it is the same software.

born2print

For true, I can't even remember v4 any longer

Joe

I never used 4 so if it looks different than what 5 was I wouldn't recognize it anyway. And I barely remember 5 now.

scottrsimons

5 was similar to 4. But like you said Joe, 6 and up, they are totally different beasts. Like all upgrades, I do miss some of the stuff in 4 and 5, but 6 on, has some nice things too.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

wonderings

not a lot of setup from scratch is done here with Preps. They have years and years of templates saved and it covers just about everything imaginable. If there is no template there is one close and just need to adjust it slightly. If there is something I would have to do from scratch I just use Imposition Studio. So quick and easy.

DCurry

So you did figure out how to do it? If not I remember how and will share.

I wish I could go back to Preps 5. I'm on 8 now and everything is more difficult. Sometimes if I need a 1-sided template I'll just use a 2-sided one and not output the back. Often that is easier than making a new template or editing an existing one.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

I still can't grasp the use of fold patterns. I mean I know how to do it but why would I want to? It is like re-creating the wheel on every job. With templates you just go select the template that already contains all of the info you need that would need to be redone every time you make an imposition with a fold pattern.

DCurry

I hate how you can no longer select multiple gutters at once to change them all at the same time. Real fun when laying out a small piece many times on a large sheet.

They also took away the ability to hold Shift when using to Page Numbering tool - this would allow you to keep placing the same page number until you let go. I think it was Shift - might have been Option but either way it's gone now.

There are other issues, too, but I get angry just thinking about it.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!