InDesign rasterizing whole pdf

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, November 13, 2007, 11:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Attached is a pic of the flattener preview of a file we have here showing EVERYTHING is being rasterized using the same settings we always do when exporting a pdf.

I've checked all the usual culprits to no avail. Some of the black text is sitting on NOTHING and it's still being rasterized. I've tried CS2 and CS3, tried many different pdf export settings...

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before. I've also opened up a similar file and checked out the flattener preview and it's ok.

EyeTech

Is it a job you've put together or is it supplied? In other words can you vouch for the integrity of the artwork?

What's actually in the file? Any transparency used at all?

If you send me the file I'll give it a shot for you...
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

Joe

It looks like the text was placed over a a box that has transparency. Try placing the text on a different layer.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

EyeTech

Text should sit at top layer when transparency is used
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

pspdfppdfxhd

Thanks, I'm not sure about the creation of the file but I copied and pasted into a new document and everything was ok. I checked for a transparent box but .. nothing. I just have to get the job out but it's kinda scary cause this is a big customer.

I'll update if I learn anything new.

EyeTech

Copy & pasting ain't good practice (but we all do it ;) ) - try building the doc from scratch (it doesn't look too complex).

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on November 13, 2007, 11:29:00 AMThanks, I'm not sure about the creation of the file but I copied and pasted into a new document and everything was ok. I checked for a transparent box but .. nothing. I just have to get the job out but it's kinda scary cause this is a big customer.

I'll update if I learn anything new.

Was this a placed PDF? If so there is a checkbox in the import PDF options for "Transparent Background". If checked this might cause this to happen.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

EyeTech

pspdfppdfxhd

pspdfppdfxhd

No, it was just a regular file with placed pictures, graphics, typeset and all. No placed pdfs. Nothing special, lots of transparency but we've been handling worse for years. No spot colors, no rgb graphics.

The strange thing is EVERYTHING got rasterized. Like the settings on the export were set to "rasterize all @ 300 dpi"....