any rampage users here already?

Started by kermit, September 10, 2007, 11:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

You are very funny. I hope I did not offend you by calling you Amish? To tell you the truth they are very friendly, honest and hardworking people. They have a great food and keep their houses spotless. I was shocked when I went to Lancaster (PA) and was invited to their house. Without our technology somehow they can still do it.

Well, I live here but was born on the other side of the pond and english is my 4th language. I have two passports at the moment US and EU but I am trying to get Saudi Arabian ;) also.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

mwc

Quote from: stargate on September 11, 2007, 09:53:30 AM...I hope I did not offend you by calling you Amish?.....

Not at all...If I was Amish, I wouldn't have been allowed/able to be here on B4P...or would I ???
I'll have to look that up by candlelight tonight...after I feed my car some oats, of course.

Ohioan all my life, although I was born 'across' the pond...but that's another story...and has nothing to do with being a RamPage user... ;)

RobR

So Why all the OhiO pounding??
I've been in Cincy since 88 from Memphis, and I love it here.
Cincinnati Bengals
LOOSERS!!!!!

mwc

Quote from: RobR on September 11, 2007, 01:34:35 PMSo Why all the OhiO pounding??
I've been in Cincy since 88 from Memphis, and I love it here.

Don't think there is any anti-ohioisms going on here...
NW ohio is fantastic....and even better when the Big House hosts such major upsets so early in the season....FCUK UM
And Close to the Detroit Lions....the bigger cat this year to the Bengal kitties...(and the cleveland puppies)

Vee

Why is the pdf trap engine slow? Shouldn't it be about the same as trapping flattened PDFs?

Prinect Trap Editor is just as fast as the predecessor Supertrap. And does a killer job on layered PDFs, dropshadows, etc.
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

kermit

Advantage in using PDF trap engine (NEW) is that PDF file stay un-flattened.

If you use "old" Rampage trapping with PDF in NORM which I am using now distiller will kick in on the Rampage rip and as you know whatever Distiller touches becomes cut in million pieces. Adobe calls this "atomic objects". Rampage says  - it's not our fault, it's Adobe.

The bottom line is Rampage is not TRUE Adobe based rip because they did not licensed the technology from Adobe $$$$ and they invented their own way of handling PDF 1.5 or higher. Unfortunately it is 50% slower.

That's why I am waiting with replacing my Rampage boxes till I see 6GHz Dual Core Xeons
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Vee

GO RED SOX!!

RobR

QuoteClose to the Detroit Lions....the bigger cat this year to the Bengal kitties

Hmmmmmm.....ICU like my signature    :)
Cincinnati Bengals
LOOSERS!!!!!

Stiv

Just registered. Rampage 10.4.b13 here.

I hope this is better than the google groups forum.

kermit

Never tried google group. We have few good Rampage users here and gaining more every day as the site is only one week old.

There is also great yahoo group:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/rampage_workflow/

Glad to have fellow Rampage user!

Vee

GO RED SOX!!

kermit

Jeeza is huge tanks fan, so it's for him. He knows a lot of stuff, maybe more about tanks than about prepress...
Anyway, congrats for getting a second STAR today.

Vee

Wow.. I didn't notice, thanks!

We've been so busy, yes busier than normal - I haven't had time to participate like I'd like to.
Soon enough tho - then I'll earn lots o' stars.

Vee

GO RED SOX!!