Android Applications

Started by delooch, August 02, 2012, 08:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

looking for an android application, similar to MXtube for ios -

something that i can download youtube vids to the android smartphone..  mxtube is awesome, cant find an android equivlent..

DigiCorn

Quote from: delooch on August 02, 2012, 08:51:33 AMlooking for an android application, similar to MXtube for ios -

something that i can download youtube vids to the android smartphone..  mxtube is awesome, cant find an android equivlent..
There is an MX player. I use it on my Android phone and tablet. Not every Android app works with every Android device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

Header spelling corrected...   :wink:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on August 03, 2012, 07:13:07 AMI had one but it's no longer on the market. I might be able to pull a .apk from a old backup but not 100% it will work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+can+i+use+to+download+youtube+videos+on+my+android&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
If you root your Android, it should work... but again, not every Android app works on every device.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

You should always root. Without root it's like buying a computer but you're locked out of the admin account.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Quote from: Farabomb on August 03, 2012, 10:45:33 AMYou should always root. Without root it's like buying a computer but you're locked out of the admin account.

for some people, that is a good thing
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on August 03, 2012, 11:25:21 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on August 03, 2012, 10:45:33 AMYou should always root. Without root it's like buying a computer but you're locked out of the admin account.

for some most people, that is a good thing

Fixed!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Down here that's a colloquial (well, old fashioned), term for the act of consensual sexual congress. But I take it you're talking about admin privileges 'n stuff.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

Even with that definition the statement still is true.  :laugh:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

delooch

ok, found that app for downloading youtube video to your android:

http://tubemate.net/

works good, no funny business...

Farabomb

Here are some great apps that amazon is giving away. If you don't already have the appstore installed you should. there is a free app every day.

http://gizmodo.com/the-amazon-appstore-is-currently-offering-up-30-apps-w-1596903622/+shaneroberts

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

My wife found a good new one the other day called "cozi." In a family like ours where she works nights, and I work days and the in-laws sometimes watch the kids (when they're not in school or at day camp), you can share a calendar that you update with all appointments and schedules (things like Taekwando classes, doctor appointments, date night, etc.) so you can check it and make sure you can plan ahead.

[edit] forgot linky: http://www.cozi.com/
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Here is the full list of the 30 apps amazon is giving away.

Holyhell that's a long url

Hopefully the link works.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job