Need A Little Input...

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, April 03, 2009, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Nobody could challenge the group/ambit $$ figure from b4p.   :grin:  If he's that smart, he was already thinking: "This guy's been talking to 'people'...Hmmm".

Glad for you he's a MENSA candidate. You might actually enjoy it....

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

agent_orange

DCS, when do we all get our cut for the "consultation"?  :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: agent_orange on April 06, 2009, 08:25:08 AMDCS, when do we all get our cut for the "consultation"?  :laugh:

Hahahahahaha, YOU owe me remember? :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

agent_orange

yeah.... the excuses are piling up on that one. we're playing bad cop/worse cop now. i'm worse cop, by the way.

you ever listen to the nekromantix? all i can think of when i see your avatar/sig is "murder for breakfast".
"murder for breakfast, murder for lunch, murder for dinner and murder for brunch"

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: agent_orange on April 06, 2009, 09:02:45 AMyeah.... the excuses are piling up on that one. we're playing bad cop/worse cop now. i'm worse cop, by the way.

you ever listen to the nekromantix? all i can think of when i see your avatar/sig is "murder for breakfast".
"murder for breakfast, murder for lunch, murder for dinner and murder for brunch"

Hahahahahaha, enough excuses! Where's my PUNK! Mom will be displeased.

Yes, I have heard Nekromantix... My avatar is a picture of me with my hair slicked back and a Reverend collar. What does it look like to you?

JOE!!!!!!?????!!!!! :angry:
Member #285 - Civilian

agent_orange

it's not what it looks like, i just immediately think "murder" when i see your name or avatar or sig, then that song pops in my head. everytime....

of course, every time i see joe's i think "tiger man" by rufus thomas. i'm weird like that. everything is a song for me. sometimes it's how i remember things like people's names

gnubler

Despite the money and that he "gets it"...don't you just hate sharing the knowledge? I do.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

I don't mind the sharing, as long as they remember it correctly and don't come back and ask me 80 bazillion times "what that trick was".

Either learn it or get the "f" outa my way, I got other stuff to be doing, I don't have time to teach you people the same crap over and over.

my .02....

:tongue:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on April 06, 2009, 11:44:24 AMI don't mind the sharing, as long as they remember it correctly and don't come back and ask me 80 bazillion times "what that trick was".

Either learn it or get the "f" outa my way, I got other stuff to be doing, I don't have time to teach you people the same crap over and over.

my .02....

:tongue:

That is one of my biggest pet peeves as well. :death:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on April 06, 2009, 10:29:01 AMDespite the money and that he "gets it"...don't you just hate sharing the knowledge? I do.

Yes, I do. I can remember many, many, many nights of stress and pressure and not knowing WTF I was doing, and through sheer perserverance I was able to keep my job. I think ALL PREPRESS people should go through this. It makes you appreciate it when you do remember one of those nights and know how to not have them again. Fuck it though... he's paying, I'm broke, what other choice do I have?

The Government has stripped my cigarettes and pot, made it a chore just to live FFS. My job strips me of my time and the fact the economy is bad, (again, thanks Gubs...) no MORE pay increases. Now I am stripped of my knowledge and pride... for money, again BECAUSE of the economy. What reeks in here!? It ain't Red Apple!
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

I just worry about job security and competition.  :laugh: I'm feeling weird about having to help train my coworkers. Thank goodness for art schools perpetually milling a bunch of incompetent boobs.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Yay! Let's bring politics into EVERY SINGLE THREAD.

You sound high-strung, DCS. Come hang out with me, we can relax and raise some hell together.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on April 06, 2009, 12:04:39 PMYay! Let's bring politics into EVERY SINGLE THREAD.

You sound high-strung, DCS. Come hang out with me, we can relax and raise some hell together.

Wouldn't this just produce a fold in the time-space continuum?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on April 06, 2009, 12:04:39 PMYay! Let's bring politics into EVERY SINGLE THREAD.

Sorry, I am fucking fed up with this shit. My boss has his new bi-yearly BAD ASS Benzo parked right outside Prepress, and it makes me want to vomit. I could barely get my car started.

I'm better now. :angel:
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 06, 2009, 12:11:46 PM

Wouldn't this just produce a fold in the time-space continuum?

Almost... THAT would take you as well. We should see if Red Apple wants to meet up later...
Member #285 - Civilian