News:

Main Menu

IPP 9.x changes

Started by GP125RACER, January 27, 2022, 08:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP125RACER

We just completed our update to Prinergy 9 & IPP 9.2 and everyone has already lost their minds. Mostly related to IPP 9 options that are no longer available from what I can see.

- Change job name- removed?
- Column "Project Code" - Removed?

You can search for these invisible columns and it will return results, but you will need to hover over the job name to see the details.

Am I missing something or did they remove useful features?

Joe

I no longer work at where we used Insite 9.2 but you can still rename a job by right clicking and selecting Job Properties. Can't look at an Insite install at the moment but I renamed jobs frequently that way. Also you can change the project code in the same place.

And yes they removed a LOT of features that was in Insite 8.x when they came out with 9.x over my objections. I beta tested 9.x. The worst thing IMO they removed was the progress bar Insite 8.0 showed when customers were uploading files. Customers can see their progress but we can't. Crazy.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

GP125RACER

It appears that Customer and Job Name are not editable in the properties window. I am the admin so it's not related to user rights.

Joe

Yes sorry. You can only change the description in Insite. To change the job name or customer you have to do it in Workshop.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

GP125RACER

No worries Joe, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.