A curious Quark quirk?

Started by davegbx, July 25, 2008, 11:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leryn17

Quote from: davegbx on July 25, 2008, 11:51:57 AMSo the company I work for produced this sale flyer (which I did no design or prepress work on) and 1 page of a spread in the 24 page flyer made it through proofing, prepress and output with all the quark generated content in grayscale (text and one small gradient.) All the placed images and background printed just fine (full color.) I went back and checked the original file to see if someone may have slipped up or used a spot color and nothing seemed askew, everything was in our standard process colors. Our prepress/printing service offered no explanation either. It's not big deal to me, but I am curious how this could have happened (the quirk, not the fact that no one caught it during proofing.) Anybody have any ideas what could have happened?

I believe you will come up to a better work if you had just put on any design. Furthermore, printing service should play an important factor here. Well, the fliers should be accurate and clear enough to identify all the details.

magazine printing

frailer

:rolleyes:

As soon as you mention bots...    I like the response times though.  Surface Mail.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on October 22, 2010, 09:18:50 PM:rolleyes:

As soon as you mention bots...    I like the response times though.  Surface Mail.

Already removed the link from it's signature. I love ruining a bots day! :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I'm sure the bots are just in tears over it.

What's with all the recent bot posts? :tinfoil:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

they're here...

fade to fuzzy tv screen with noise
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca