arrrg... Installed Q8 yesterday!

Started by David, October 09, 2008, 09:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

man, talk about a PITA!
why can't you just stick in a disk, install, then go to work.
Noooooooo!
need a bazillion numbers, this is registered to another user, call Q on the damn phnone, wait for a bazillion hours to talk to someone, wait on hold while they get the bazillion number to install, then type in the bazillion number, whoopee, it's open, now to activate.
get on internet, wait for it to tell you you are firewalled out and it doesn't work, get back on the phone to numnuts and get the other bazillion number, and then magically three hours later, you get to behold the glory of...

QUARK 8!

ta da!

sorry, rant over...
go back to your normal programming.

:puke2:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

3 hours? Man they've streamlined the install significantly I see. Good job Quark!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on October 09, 2008, 10:01:40 AM3 hours? Man they've streamlined the install significantly I see. Good job Quark!

Second that...things sure move purty quick down in, [across in?], Texas.    :cheesy:

...my memories of installing Q7?    Over 2 days, and 2 long phone calls to Mumbai! Only saving grace was that the guy there was very patient and courteous. Imagine being that and working for Quack...    :laugh:

May I perhaps be spared an install of Q8...    :cry:          Like the Count of Monte Cristo, I wait, and hope...    :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.