Color problem creating a PDF file from Quark 8 -MAC

Started by albertus, May 21, 2009, 04:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertus

Hello,  I am working in an IMac with Leopard 10.5.6 And I have problems with colour when generating PDF from Quark 8, always generate the PDF file (for preprinting) launching them from Quark saving them as ps  file and afterwards distilling them with Acrobat Distiller CS3
The problem is that a same file goes out me well of colour if I launch it from Quark 6 and afterwards doing the same procedure from Quak 8, the colours result lighter, with a remarkable difference especially in the clearest tones. I have tested to export the PDF directly from Quark 8 without using the Acrobat distiller and the problem remains the same
Have been reviewing the preferences of colour of the Quark 8 and testing distinct alternative of the color manager but does not go out well, nothing changes. Also have tested with different color  profiles in Quark and in Distiller, I usually work always without any problem with Euroscale Coated in Quark 6
Please if somebody can me give an idea.....i¨m getting madddd! :banghead

Thanks

Ear

Which PDF preset are you using in Distiller?

Press Quality is the highest quality default setting but needs a few minor tweaks, one being color management. In Distiller; choose, Press Quality, then edit the job options. Under Output, you will see Color Management. The default is an sRGB profile conversion. (Bad form Adobe) Change this do Do Not Color Manage, which will keep your file as is. You can then save the modified Press Quality preset with a new name and set it to the default.

This should fix the problem.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

I agree with Earendil unless Quark is screwing it up before it gets to Distiller which is always a possibility. If that is the case open your Quark preferences and have a look at this attachment and the attachments in the next 3 posts. This first one is the Quark 8 default.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

You might want to change it to this so it matches previous versions of Quark.

Joe

Or you can click on "New" for Source Setup and you will see this dialog box and you can pick whatever profiles you would like to use.

Ear

Aaahh yes, good call Joe. I almost forgot about the ongoing battle between Quark and Adobe to see who can hide icc tag traps the bestest.  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

I think Quark just jumped into the lead. :laugh:

Ear

Ya, don't follow Quark, his compass points south.  :evil: