23" or 24" monitor suggestions

Started by mwc, November 25, 2013, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwc

Getting a few MINI's for some csr's.
Looking for a suggestion for 23" or 24" monitors (DVI and VGA would be nice...but DVI for sure).
Not for anything critical, just basic office monitor with a crisp display, and a manufacturer with a decent reputation...
I have used DELLs in the past, and think that still a good option for us...seem to hold up rather well, and at a good pricepoint.
(no, I'm not spending $1000 for a thunderbolt display....thinking $150-$200 range)
Thanks for any responses....pertaining to monitors....

Chilbear

I seem to remember that Dell has it's 12 Days of Deals Christmas sale and some products are great prices. The sale is not active but arrives within the next 2 weeks I think - at least here in Canada

Farabomb

I've used Acer monitors both at home and work with no issues so far. My 19" only has VGA but the 22" has DVI-D and VGA.

I'm pretty sure neither were more than $200 and that was years go.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Last year I got a 24" LG LED at office max on black friday for around $100. I don't remember the exact price, but it was about half of what it should have been. It just had DVI and VGA ports, but it was still a smokin' deal. At work I have a 23" and a 24" Samsung and a 24" Acer. The 24" Samsung is just LCD, but the other two are LED, and the 23" is the only one with an hdmi port, which I am not using for no other reason than I just don't have a cable at work, and never bothered to get one. The 23" Samsung is the one with the best display, and the most attractive of the three.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I've had pretty good luck with both Acer and Dell. The one I have not had good luck with is ViewSonic.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

stay away from Mag Monitors... they suck, aspect ratio is just weird, view is distorted.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/379926/M24LM_24_LED_Monitor
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

At that price, DELL would be my choice. See if you can get something with IPS display technology, rather than the low-spec, and more common, TN. These days you shouldn't have to put up with TN displays, as the IPSs have come down in price.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 25, 2013, 01:15:33 PMAt that price, DELL would be my choice. See if you can get something with IPS display technology, rather than the low-spec, and more common, TN. These days you shouldn't have to put up with TN displays, as the IPSs have come down in price.

Define "come down in price". :laugh:

Have they fallen into the sub $200 range?

Grimace

Quote from: Joe on November 25, 2013, 01:21:39 PM
Quote from: frailer on November 25, 2013, 01:15:33 PMAt that price, DELL would be my choice. See if you can get something with IPS display technology, rather than the low-spec, and more common, TN. These days you shouldn't have to put up with TN displays, as the IPSs have come down in price.

Yep

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CIHhy8jpgLsCFcY1Qgodow8AZg&Item=N82E16824236288&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-LCD+%2f+LED+Monitors-_-N82E16824236288&ef_id=wstQBtkGDz4AAF4l:20131125205629:s

Sorry, no idea how y'all make those fancy short links with different names.

DigiCorn

you type "[ u r l =  ]" (insert the link after the equal sign) put the text you want in between the [ ] brackets and end with "[ / u r l ]" (remove the spaces)
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Grimace

Quote from: DigiCorn on November 25, 2013, 03:01:00 PMyou type "[ u r l =  ]" (insert the link after the equal sign) put the text you want in between the [ ] brackets and end with "[ / u r l ]" (remove the spaces)

Thanks, I'm apparently too thick to understand what you mean, I can't seem to keep the original link text from showing. No worries, I'll use tiny url or something.

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Or like this:

[url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CIHhy8jpgLsCFcY1Qgodow8AZg&Item=N82E16824236288&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-LCD+%2f+LED+Monitors-_-N82E16824236288&ef_id=wstQBtkGDz4AAF4l:20131125205629:s]ASUS VS239H-P[/url]
Will give you this:

ASUS VS239H-P

Joe

Quote from: Grimace on November 25, 2013, 02:59:40 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 25, 2013, 01:21:39 PM

Yep

ASUS VS239H-P

Sorry, no idea how y'all make those fancy short links with different names.

WOW...they really have dropped. I hadn't seen any under $400 but I hadn't checked too closely. Obviously. :laugh:

frailer

Quote from: Joe on November 25, 2013, 03:53:15 PMWOW...they really have dropped. I hadn't seen any under $400 but I hadn't checked too closely. Obviously. :laugh:

... like a lot of things; yesterday's exotic is today's yawn.  :shrug:  Who'd a thought... IPS panels.   :huh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.