News:

Main Menu

Manually Archive

Started by Slappy, January 15, 2018, 01:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Our platesetter took a giant dump today, luckily there's a shop nearby doing plates for us & even better (I hope) they have XMF! Trying to get the large press jobs to them already imposed, but I can't seem to find where to Archive live jobs. I see the tab under the View Job Settings, but even is I set the Trigger to After Due Date (which passed) it's not Archiving.

Guess I could give them imposed PDFs and have them RIP from that but I don't trust it.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Bah, I don't think the Archive thing is going to work, even though I still can't get it going. None of our Marks or any other press settings will be compatible with theirs, most likely. Just have to throw 'em imposed PDFs and hope for the best!

p.s. I love how when I told the pressroom mgr that he was going to likely be chasing color since who knows how their shop is calibrated, he's like "Nah, printing's printing!"

:facepalm:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

It'll probably look better.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

It happened when we had another shop burning our plates.

The boss here still thinks printing is printing. It's not.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job