batch convert PDF to JPGs

Started by prepressDog, May 01, 2009, 06:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressDog

we are looking for a batch convert or droplet.
We have a bunch of PDFs that need coverted to JPG....but they have to be a certain size for web portals...

I know you can save outta Acrobat....but need to be able to control.....ex. 603 pix x 812 pix
thanks!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Set up an Batch Action in Photoshop. If all the PDFs are going to be rasterized anyway... set it up, and go to lunch... when you get back, all done done.

Or is this more complicated than you are making it seem?
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Automator also has a built in PDF to Jpeg action that uses Photoshop and you can constrain the sizes as well.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Someone just posted this same question last week - Loganblade, I think.

Photoshop batch action. I do it every week, works great. I reduce all my PDFs to 600px wide and Save For Web to optimize the file size.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

T

http://www.stalkingwolf.net/software/cocothumbx/
This open source works well. Sometimes it crashes, but what software doesn't.

LoganBlade

yup it was me. i used the 995 omni converter. I wasnt sure about the action to open pdf with multiple pages and convert to jpg. I then did the action to convert to size and was very happy. Like I said always the right answer here at B4Print
"dyslexics have more fnu"