16-up imposition

Started by joshGBP, June 26, 2009, 10:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshGBP

First, thanks for all the responses.

Sorry, should have clarified..  I meant 16 pages per side, so a single sheet would have 32pgs. The schematics provided are for 8pg/side, 16pg/sheet.  I suppose the final imposition would have to be based on the press it's intended for, as there are so many variables on this type of imposition.

jimking

What is the final trim size?

DigitalCrapShoveler

A 32 Sig is a little trickier and it will most definitely be governed by your bindery. A 32 can be folded several different ways, and it is all determined by pager weight and machine tolerances.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

Again, depends if you're going Sheet or Web. Must be a half-sized booklet, (5.5x8.5)? Double parallel 32 page that yields 2@16 is a good way to go for this application. We run these on the web with a perf between the 16s, this way, bindery can just tear the stacks in half as they load them into the stitcher pockets. Here is one way to do it.

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Here is our 32 pager. It comes off the press folded, glued and trimmed. No bindery required!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Strange impo, Joe. Looks pretty sweet. What are you guys running that on?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

A Harris N800 heatset with inline gluer.

Ear

See DCS... Web.  :grin:

DigitalCrapShoveler

I know, I know. I used to work in Web several years ago. I got into Sheet fed and have never looked back. Not a lot of hybrid shops out here.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on June 26, 2009, 12:55:13 PMSee DCS... Web.  :grin:

Yeah, we just use our sheetfed for junk jobs and some covers. The REAL work goes on the big boys.You know...the money makers! :evil: :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

I come from the Service Bureaus, I only got into Printing because you sorry bastids started buying your own equipment. We raped your asses for many years b4 you finally figured it out. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I've done the service bureau gig before too. I loved sending shit out and not having to worry about it past the film stage. Easy street that was. No wonder it died.

DigitalCrapShoveler

A rose by any other name. It was sweet, huh?
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

:death: Service bureau monkeys. Prepress with no presses.  :laugh: I used to work in a high end sheetfed shop, a lot of limited run art repro, very picky clients. It was fun but Joe has a point, Web is like getting away from driving a delivery truck and moving up to an 18 wheeler... east bound and down...  :cheesy:

DigitalCrapShoveler

What kinda drugs are you on? I did Web for over 3 years, it was the most bullshit in/bullshit out job I ever worked. Dot Gain alone caused me to stroke out almost every night!
Member #285 - Civilian