Resetting Illustrator Prefs.

Started by delooch, March 04, 2008, 06:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Ive seen this posted a million times before, but how do reset all settings in Illy CS2 back to the default? (windows xp)

I have a few flyout pallets that dont want to show up anymore. Theyre 'checked' like they are visible, but nowhere to be found.

Thanks!

Joe

Try changing your monitor resolution to a smaller resolution and then change it back. Sometimes if they are lost off the side of the screen this will bring them back.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

WharfRat

On the MAC
shift/ctrl/alt/command
i am not on the PC right now
but
it is the respective keys.

MSD

David

found this on another web thingie:

QuoteSome versions of AI allow you to reset the prefs by holding down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT (Shift + Command + Option + Control on the Mac) as Illustrator is starting up.

If you have Illustrator CS2, you can reset the palettes to their default location by using the menu command WINDOW>WORKSPACE>DEFAULT.

hth,
David
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

delooch

thanks all..

i tried the screen resize thing, i occasionally rotate my monitor so its tall and skinny, but no luck. I also tried resetting the workspaces (i have preset toolbar layouts - its handy) - no luck. hell, i even restarted a few times when i originally posted. the pathfinder pallette was missing for like 2 days, but now its mysteriously back..

Ill blame it on windows for now...

just FYI, for windows users, Illustrators' pref files are in:

\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings

Sparky

Have you tried trashing the prefs file when Illy is NOT open then re-launch and see if the defaults return?
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"