Joining paths...freehand style

Started by SA, November 10, 2008, 08:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

Would you like for me to offer proof? I saved a finger ... care to guess which one?

:laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: youston on November 11, 2008, 09:14:53 PMWould you like for me to offer proof? I saved a finger ... care to guess which one?

Only if you let me have the finger. :evil:
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 11, 2008, 09:24:45 PM
Quote from: youston on November 11, 2008, 09:14:53 PMWould you like for me to offer proof? I saved a finger ... care to guess which one?

Only if you let me have the finger. :evil:

Oh, I'll give you the finger all right!

I'll -- what? Who's there? No ...NO!! Please, Hector, don't hurt m-aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

:evil: :offtopic: :evil:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Okay, sooooo.... back to Freehand... :kiss:
Member #285 - Civilian

SA

OMG!!! this is my first thread thats been jacked  :cool:
Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

DigitalCrapShoveler

One thing we members of B4 are astute at is the Double-Thread-Jack. We have even done the more rare Triple and Quadrupel-Thread-Jack on ocassion. But... let's get back to Freehand... fascinating discussion!
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: SA on November 12, 2008, 08:26:34 AMOMG!!! this is my first thread thats been jacked  :cool:

Quote from: Joe on November 11, 2008, 12:31:19 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 10, 2008, 09:44:22 PMG_Town... kill him.

Sorry man, I already had G_Town killed...by Youston.

Joe started it!!

SA

You guys are acting like 12 year olds  :tongue:
Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

youston

I'm sorry. I was aiming for at least 13.

David

I wonder why it is that Freehand has this capability but Illustrator does not?

Is it something that is too hard to code?
or just that they think nobody will will ever need that functionality?
or they think we have soooo much time on our hands, we can sit and stare at a monitor for hours on end, selecting two very tiny points and hitting the command/j keys till our eyes bleed.

just another "feature" that we, the end user, has to find a way to "make it work".

just curious, are there other features that you Freehand users have seen that works better than in Illy?
I haven't used Freehand in several years (it's still loaded on my ole Mac that another user has). I prefer Illustrator, myself, but then I don't have the need (currently) to join a bazillion paths together.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

I've been 12 my whole life.

Oh, and Dave, "Paste-Inside" the REASON Freehand will ALWAYS beat AI in my book. Clipping Masks? YUCK!
Member #285 - Civilian

SA

Quotejust curious, are there other features that you Freehand users have seen that works better than in Illy?
The find & replace feature in freehand kicks Illustators ass anyday of the week!

QuoteI'm sorry. I was aiming for at least 13.
Aim for the moon and at least youll land among the stars.. or in a gutter somewhere...

G_Town

What the hell I work for a couple days and come back and find my name being flung around like a booger on the end of a 12 year olds finger.

Joe kill them! just wound DCS though.

Oh and Freehand is THE application Freehand=Early Ahnold   Illustrator=PAP Platinum.

Freehand>Illustrator.

nuff said I have spoken.

David

I must confess that the only time I get into Freehand is when we get a map file for a large chain of restaurants (rhymes with bracker carol).
It a massive native Freehand file with, I swear, over 200 layers.
It comes from some map making place in California.
Then they want us to "move" some stuff and fix some transparency issues.

:shocked:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on November 12, 2008, 11:52:29 AMI must confess that the only time I get into Freehand is when we get a map file for a large chain of restaurants (rhymes with bracker carol).
It a massive native Freehand file with, I swear, over 200 layers.
It comes from some map making place in California.
Then they want us to "move" some stuff and fix some transparency issues.

:shocked:

I got a DXF once of a map of a county, what a freaking nightmare that was.