Fonts_outlines in Illy

Started by frailer, October 24, 2007, 07:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Getting warning when opening supplied Illy EPS, as per shot below. Proceeded anyway...deleted "fat" [unwanted] text layer; to leave thinner stuff as per laser.
It all looked outlined to me. Is Illy in the habit of giving false alarms when it comes to fonts? Even after they've been outlined?
Experienced Illy users' comments most welcome. ;D

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Pointyhat

If you look at the Illy file in outline view I'll bet you'll find some live text spots and those are what the warnings are referencing.

frailer

Thanks, Pointy. Does this indicate anything one way or the other on that score? I'm guessing I just happened to not require the "missing" fonts. Sloppy designer? Or I'm just lucky?

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Gutnbg

Slick Trick #962:

Click to select those things you know you need.
Command-X to cut them out of there.
Command A to select all.
Oops, there it is. Delete it.
Command-V to paste the stuff you need back in.

Is the error message gone now?
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

jezza

Alternatively like Pointy says it could be a text insertion point with no text. So go to the Select menu, scroll down to Object and in themenu there, you can select Stray Points or Text Objects
one sick prepress mofo

frailer

Thanks guys, shall try "all of the above", manana. Right now, Supermarket>home. Cheers. :D

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

beck

You could also try Select > Object > Stray Points, then delete.

Sometimes the Designer will not clean up their garbage B4 giving it to you.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

Joe

Quote from: beck on October 25, 2007, 10:08:30 AMYou could also try Select > Object > Stray Points, then delete.

Sometimes the Designer will not clean up their garbage B4 giving it to you.

beck

LOL...sometimes?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

this may not really pertain to the problem but I did notice on the font warning that the font "Futura CE-Heavy" was missing.....

These CE fonts in my experience can be very problematic in certain situations. They are the Central European savvy fonts and ya gotta know, central Europe has always been a problem!!

G_Town

Didn't know about the stray point menu thingy, my hours of forum trolling have just paid off!

;D

Sparky

Quote from: frailer on October 24, 2007, 09:16:48 PMThanks, Pointy. Does this indicate anything one way or the other on that score? I'm guessing I just happened to not require the "missing" fonts. Sloppy designer? Or I'm just lucky?

Those little "x" thingy's you see are the text insertion points. click and drag them to one side and you'll see they are still "filled" in when you view in "outline" mode. Delete anything that is still an outline (or put it on a separate layer first) and then hide the layer and go back to preview mode to see if it was anything needed.

I use this method all the time when I get text error messages and know damn well there are no fonts I'm using. And if it is an empty insertion point it's the best way I've found to see where they are.
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

frailer