Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

There's a difference between CC (9) and CC 2014 (10) you know.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

ding ding ding

Give that man a rubber tortilla!

Just 'cuz you have CC doesn't mean you're on the latest and "greatest"  :sarcasm:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

The designers HAVE to have the latest and greatest!

Even though they have no idea how to use the programs.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Quote from: Farabomb on July 09, 2014, 11:11:08 AMEven though they have no idea how to use the programs.

that has never been a prerequisite to be a dezinger. It's all about colors and shapes, and more colors.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Fucking "life changing" designs. Give me a break.
Member #285 - Civilian

Possum

Hey, if it looks good on the screen, that's all that matters.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigitalCrapShoveler

That and the Prepress guy making that crap printable. Imposition is not really laying out jobs on a press sheet, it's what desingers do to us, to look "professional".
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 09, 2014, 11:42:46 AMFucking "life changing" designs. Give me a break.

I've had some designs that made me want to change my life.  :hangme:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on July 09, 2014, 12:36:05 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 09, 2014, 11:42:46 AMFucking "life changing" designs. Give me a break.

I've had some designs that made me want to change my life.  :hangme:

Don't tell them that.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I haven't got my new Mac yet (still running 10.6.8) so I am stuck on CC 9, but the 10 files are starting to show up. On a whim (and based on a conversation I had with Adobe) I downloaded and installed CC 2014 (10) on my Windows box. Despite the fact that Adobe legally allows your license to be installed concurrently on two machines, they claim they won't both run simultaneously. They lie. I am here today to tell you that I am successfully able to run CC 9 on my Mac and CC 10 on Windows with the same CC license at the same time. Maybe I'm not supposed to, but I am.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Yes that is correct. They can both run simultaneously but not legally. Been saying that for years.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

The Adobe police haven't caught on yet?
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

hotmetal

Quote from: Possum on July 16, 2014, 12:53:50 PMThe Adobe police haven't caught on yet?

Yesterday an old friend mentioned that his daughter wants a copy of Photoshop for her 2-year-old Mac laptop. He was utterly perplexed by the Adobe web page. He doesn't want a pirated copy, just an older Mac pre-cloud license that he can get transfered to himself.

He's a college professor, so he has that trump card to play. I told him to call his school's software center immediately and see what they can do for him. I also pointed him towards some ebay auctions from what were probably honest and knowledgeable sellers of disks for CS5 and CS6 and suggested he let me look over any deal he's tempted to go for.

Anyone have other suggestions?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson