Layers Not Showing Up Correctly

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, July 16, 2014, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Ran into an issue with layers in AI today, had me a little frustrated... got it figured out, so thought I would share. This happens in CS6 and CC.

I open a run of the mill box job in CS6 with 3 layers. One visible, and 2 other layers that say nothing. Matter of fact, it looks like this...

So, I restart, open again in CS6... same thing. Open in CC, again... same thing.

I find out, it's because 2 layers are set to NOT PRINT. Evidently a bug, because after I set them to print everything appears the way it should.

Hope that helps.
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Tracy

see how you can get bit on that one.

Ear

Neat trick. I'm just going to open everything in Illustrator, set all layers to NOT PRINT and go home.  :hello:  :drunk3:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

haushold

Problem seems to be resolved in CC. It is a nice bug to trip you up.
Artificial intellegence is no match for natural stupidity.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Be careful... it may only be resolved with the new version of CC, which I cannot run because I'm not running Mavericks. My CC still had the same problem
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 16, 2014, 11:22:18 AMBe careful... it may only be resolved with the new version of CC, which I cannot run because I'm not running Mavericks. My CC still had the same problem
https://www.b4print.com/index.php?topic=7667.msg252526#msg252526
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

beermonster

what a handy feature - I bet (spit) freehand never had that feature!

i've got latest cloudy everything - even that cc2014 illy, and i'm not running mavericks - no problems at all.

strangely (or not), esko never did get back to us and confirm when desckpack would run on mavericks or later
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: beermonster on August 09, 2014, 11:31:43 PMwhat a handy feature - I bet (spit) freehand never had that feature!

i've got latest cloudy everything - even that cc2014 illy, and i'm not running mavericks - no problems at all.

strangely (or not), esko never did get back to us and confirm when desckpack would run on mavericks or later

Layers in Freehand ALWAYS worked. Layers in Illustrator... well, the thread speaks for itself. I haven't even used Freehand since 1-1-14, that's when I cut it off. That and a few other applications that don't like to play nice with current OSs. Freehand was a good program when it was in the running. Sorry you never got into it... your loss. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 16, 2014, 11:22:18 AMBe careful... it may only be resolved with the new version of CC, which I cannot run because I'm not running Mavericks. My CC still had the same problem

whoa whoa whoa, you need maverick to load the latest CC?

DigiCorn

10.7 or higher for CC 2014. CC 2013 will run on 10.6
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

I have Lion 10.7.5, going to the CC very soon, do I need Maverick?

wondering about the different versions of CC
do they all save down to cs6?

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy