Looking for small, durable, external HD

Started by gnubler, October 26, 2011, 07:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Don't forget about the $500 "one time setup charge".
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

I was going to wait till you signed up for the annual fee to remind you of that...    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on November 02, 2011, 01:27:01 PMYa, they had that on the shelf at Best Buy. I have to snicker at the Mac doosh who would buy the same drive for a higher price.

I guess the snicker is on me because I'm still fcuking with the reformat. Rebuilt partition on Win XP, brought back to Mac and I'm still getting the error. Will tackle it again tomorrow.

Don't rebuild anything on XP. Delete the partitions then sneakernet it back to your Mac to create a new partition. Don't make me come over there! :old:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Format /mbr.   :tongue:

Yea, just delete the partitions and let the Mac take care of the rest.

Starting to understand the $150 Mac upcharge now.  :wink:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Or install the MacFUSE and/or the NTFS-3G extension so you can do it on the Mac.

gnubler

The saga will continue tomorrow. Thank you, Prepress Masters. :bowing:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on November 02, 2011, 02:51:40 PMDon't rebuild anything on XP. Delete the partitions then sneakernet it back to your Mac to create a new partition. Don't make me come over there! :old:

KABOOM!

Thx dude. New HD up & running.

Joe

gnubler

The clone is taking LONG. 90 mins already and only halfway.

Joe

David

yeah, it took about 8 hours longer than the estimate
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca