News:

Main Menu

T3Font issue

Started by scottrsimons, March 26, 2019, 08:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottrsimons

Anyone heard of the font "T3font". I have a PDF that uses it twice in the document. I actually shows up as "T3font_0" and "T3font_1" the first time you open the PDF and check the fonts. Next time you open it and check the number behind the font name increases by 1 for both fonts. IE: "T3font_2" and "T3font_3".

Text looks fine before we process it. Original is RBG black, but we run it through Prinergy to Grayscale, and the PDF looks a bit fuzzy when "Fit to Window", but zooming in looks ok. CSR is worried what the customer is going to say.

Thoughts?
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

I think it should be OK as long as it looks OK when zoomed in. Try printing high res laser and see how it looks on there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

Same thing I have told the CSR. Strange thing too, is when I tried to outline the font in Pitstop, it wouldn't touch it. And when I selected the text, each character is it's own element, and it looks as if it is below the selection. Very strange.

Joe

Probably a freeware font of questionable quality. I've seen them with strange characteristics before too. Though not this particular one.

Just_A_Mac_Guy

I seem to remember there was a Postscript Type 3 Font format that was never really adopted by the industry. I'm just about to have my first coffee of the morning and am still a bit groggy...

scottrsimons

I vaguely remember the Type 3 fonts too. Very short lived.

David

Multi Master....

fonts from HELL!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

StudioMonkey

A quick search confirms I have about 20 Type3 fonts lurking around, from 1986-8.  I have some bitmap fonts too from even earlier but of course I never use any of them ... anyone remember a font called Chicago?  :rolleyes:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

Quote from: StudioMonkey on March 27, 2019, 04:49:13 AMA quick search confirms I have about 20 Type3 fonts lurking around, from 1986-8.  I have some bitmap fonts too from even earlier but of course I never use any of them ... anyone remember a font called Chicago?  :rolleyes:

Chicago